PDA

View Full Version : Need an idea fast

Jeff Wilkins
05-21-2013, 11:47 PM
A coworker of mine just lost his wife to a battle with cancer. She was in her mid 40s and they have two young boys. I wanted to engrave something that would be a good reminder for the hope they have in Christ. Do any of you have any suggestions or items that you would be willing to share for such an event. I was thinking of possibly lasering the sheet music from a hymnal of her favorite hymn or psalm 23. I am open to suggestions. Thank you for your input.

Mike Null
05-22-2013, 7:03 AM
Jeff

I am short on suggestions but I like using leather as a substrate as it engraves beautifully, looks very good and, cared for properly, will last forever.

Randy Walker
05-22-2013, 8:30 AM
A photo in black marble can be very powerful.

Duncan Crawford
05-22-2013, 8:31 AM
A coworker of mine just lost his wife to a battle with cancer. She was in her mid 40s and they have two young boys. I wanted to engrave something that would be a good reminder for the hope they have in Christ. Do any of you have any suggestions or items that you would be willing to share for such an event. I was thinking of possibly lasering the sheet music from a hymnal of her favorite hymn or psalm 23. I am open to suggestions. Thank you for your input.

Jeff,

Went thru a bit of the same sort of thing about a month ago with a long-time family friend. She was a folk singer, among many other things; I took her photo from the memorial service handout and extracted it, overlaid it on a 'field of notes' along with a musical scale, then engraved it all on some maple. Gave it to her son. The notes and all were clipart found on the Internet-- I've attached a jpg so you can see what I mean-- may give you an idea.

duncan

Martin Boekers
05-22-2013, 9:32 AM
A friend of mine's father recently passed away, about a year ago her mother died.

I remember when my parents passed, the thing I missed was something tangible to hold.
So I came up with this idea for a coin. She loved it! It is something they can keep on them,
in thier pocket or purse.

These are the new blank coins from JDS.

Chuck Jarrett
05-22-2013, 11:09 AM
For their "hope in Christ", Hebrews 13:5 "I will never leave you nor forsake you". You can not go wrong with Psalm 23. So awesome you care for your friends.

Larry Bratton
05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Plaques like this on black granite go well. Use fitting content and photo.

John Bion
05-22-2013, 6:13 PM
Dear Jeff,
1 Cor 15:20ff "But now is Christ risen from the dead and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the ressurection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive" KJV

The Lord also said to the repentant thief on the cross next to Him, "today you will be with me in paradise".

Philippians 1:21 " for me to live is Christ and to die is gain"!

We will be praying for this man and his children, and for you as you seek to be a blessing to them.

perhaps the Hymn : "I will sing the wondrous story , of the Christ Who died for me" - i can send this to you if you would like it.

Kindest regards,
John-Michael

Dan Masshardt
05-22-2013, 6:40 PM
Psalm 46:1...

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble....

Chuck Stone
05-22-2013, 7:02 PM
The notes and all were clipart found on the Internet-- I've attached a jpg so you can see what I mean-- may give you an idea.

just an FYI .. everything in the background is backwards except for the treble clef.
The stuff in the center oval is fine.
Non musicians might not know .. but there's enough of us out there and to us
it immediately catches your attention. (not in the best way, though)
It looks great, but I just thought you might want to know.

Chuck Stone
05-22-2013, 7:04 PM
Larry, that's very nice.

Larry Bratton
05-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks Chuck.
Thats on a 12 x 12 black granite floor tile.