PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Elmer's Probond Wood Filler

Lee Schierer
05-21-2013, 11:04 PM
From time to time we all need to fill a small defect in a wood project.

To start off let me say, I have no affiliation with this company other than as a user of their product.

I've tried various brand wood fillers over the years with varying results. I've even mixed stain with commercial fillers to get colors that match my project piece. Recently I needed to fill a worm hole in a piece of cherry that showed up late in the project construction and wanted the patch to be nearly invisible. I went to the local Borg and looked over their selection of products. I ended up purchasing a tube of Elmer's Probond Wood Filler 262837 and was impressed with its ease of use, fast drying time and how it looked on the completed project. After several months I went to use the tube again and noted that the material was getting pretty stiff and hard to squeeze out of the tube. I added a bit of water to the tube through the small opening and after capping the tube, squished the water back and forth to mix in the water. I found that the product had thinned out to the original consistency and had no ill effects on the results. If you need a wood filler I recommend this product. It is available in a variety of colors and dries hard.

Bill Wyko
05-22-2013, 1:07 AM
Thanks for the review, how big is their selection?