PDA

View Full Version : Some New Items

Jeff Belany
05-21-2013, 5:33 PM
Nothing real new but I think these came out fairly well. Just veneer (cuts real fast), then I had an artistic friend do a simple color wash on a piece of mat. Threw it in a 12x12 frame and out for sale. At least I hope so.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Joe Hillmann
05-21-2013, 5:50 PM
The colored background like that is something I've never seen before, hope they sell well for you.

Martin Boekers
05-21-2013, 6:52 PM
Those came out well!

Steve Busey
05-21-2013, 9:55 PM
Great idea, Jeff!

Mike Null
05-22-2013, 7:09 AM
Jeff

Nice work. I've been thinking of doing silhouettes of my grand kids using a similar idea.

Michael Kowalczyk
05-24-2013, 2:56 PM
Nice idea. I like the colored background but is it profitable to add that or is it just for gifts? If I were doing these, I would try keeping the grain on a horizontal plane so that it does not distract from the focal point of the image. Just my humble opinion. Thanks for sharing

Jeff Belany
05-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the comments. The proof will be whether or not they sell. I'm going to pne in my window this week.

As far as the grain direction, I made these with veneer that I have in 12"x12". I put them on the diagonal to maximize the image size. The ovals put on the horizontal would be much smaller and have a lot of 'white space' on the top and bottom.

FWIW the color is just a few brush strokes, more of a wash and takes very little time. I think it adds to the image.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Michael Kowalczyk
05-28-2013, 7:39 PM
OK Jeff,
Thanks for the explanation. If you had larger veneer you could make the grain horizontal. (Just my humble opinion) I hope you sell 1,747 pcs in less than a year at a fair market value. Keep us posted ;)