PDA

View Full Version : Tuxedo Tele

Mark Crenshaw
05-21-2013, 8:10 AM
This one was inspired by the number 2 prototype of the destined to be Telecaster. It has a double bound, chambered alder body with the pickguard serving as the control plate..no routes front or rear for control access. Two piece roasted flame maple neck, clay dot markers, 2-way truss rod, vintage style tuners. Hand wound, unpotted, high output pickup.

The finish is black nitro lacquer with EM6000 top coats.

Peace,
Mark

David Weaver
05-21-2013, 8:32 AM
Looks nice, presume without the neck pickup it's a chickin pickin rig?

Did you wind the pickup yourself, or is it a boutique pickup (lindy fralin or whatever)?

Mark Crenshaw
05-21-2013, 8:45 AM
Thanks! You'd be surprised how raunchy the guitar can get. It will do the classic Tele tone but in an aggressive amp it's all bets off. If I list a build as having hand wound PUs, it means that I wound them. Should have been more clear about that but didn't want to sound boastful.

Here's a video of it. At about 2 mins in I switch to Hi Gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUpucaMZH2s

Peace,
Mark

David Weaver
05-21-2013, 9:09 AM
Nice tone, all the way around - whether you're loading it up or not. I don't know why I didn't remember that a telecaster makes a pretty good rock rig, esp. given Led Zeppelin I is loaded with one.

I don't think it's boastful at all if you wind the pickup and state that. As george says, it's not really boasting if you can back it up.

Phil Thien
05-21-2013, 9:30 AM
It looks fantastic and sounds even better! Really terrific work, Mark!