PDA

View Full Version : Craft Supplies USA - A Customer Service Success Story

Glen Blanchard
05-20-2013, 4:11 PM
This is not a tale of a $3,500 lathe dispute with a retailer. It's not even the tale of a $150 chuck. Nope, this is a brief tale of a $25 blank of Ambrosia Maple. However, the manner in which my phone call was handled is worthy of public acknowledgement.

Sometime in January of this year I purchased an Ambrosia Maple blank from Craft Supplies, USA. Their blanks come dipped in wax and then sealed in plastic. I cut into the plastic of this particular blank a few weeks ago and noticed a pretty good sized crack. Not knowing if Craft Supplies garuantees such things, I called them to ask. I questioned the person who answered the phone and she put me on hold for about 20 seconds so that she could check on this. When she returned to the phone she told me that they would be sending me a replacement. My call was handled quickly and expertly, and I was impressed with their great customer service.

The story does not end there, however. I received the replacement blank two days later, but what really blew me away was what I received in the mail approx 3 days after that. I got an apology for my inconvenience, get this................hand written on a post card. Hand written!!!

Glen, I'm sorry about the cracked maple blank. I hope the replacement works out well. -Tori

I got a hand written apology for receiving a $25 piece of cracked wood. Talk about going the extra mile!! I do business with Craft Supplies, USA fairly often. I now have good reason to continue that practice.

Kudos on you, Tori.

Joe Kieve
05-20-2013, 7:43 PM
Great to hear a satisfied customer especially since I've never dealt with Craft Supplies. Probably will in the future though after reading your tale. Try Exotic Blanks sometime, (exoticblanks.com) Ed and Dawn are terrific and you'll get the same great service as with Craft Supplies.

Just my 2 cents.

joe

Ken Fitzgerald
05-20-2013, 8:26 PM
Glen,

I have been impressed with CSUSA's customer service for years! I've had them call me when I ordered a blank that was out of stock. They explained they didn't know when they would have more of that type of wood and did I want to replace it with something else BEFORE they shipped the rest of the order.

Fine folks there!

Fred Belknap
05-20-2013, 9:39 PM
I think most businesses are getting the message that poor customer service can be detrimental to sales. With the internet, forum, facebook etc. it don't take long for a message of bad service to get around. I also have great service with Craft Supply, Packard, Amazon, Exotic Blanks and a lot of other vendors.

charlie knighton
05-20-2013, 9:42 PM
i was fortunate to visit craft supplies last week, they held a super wednesday, demos were free, and lunch also free, well run, i have always received good service and merchandise from this class outfit

Donny Lawson
05-20-2013, 9:53 PM
I buy alot from CSUSA and love their service. I've got a few bad pen kits before and they sent replacements with no questions asked. They are # 1 in my book.

Bernie Weishapl
05-20-2013, 9:58 PM
I have had excellent service with CSUSA. Like Glenn I had some peppermills 5 total that the parts wouldn't work. 2 days later I had 6 in the mail. I called and told them I only had 5 and they told me one was for my inconveniece and to keep the others for parts. Doesn't get any better in my book.

Kyle Iwamoto
05-21-2013, 11:51 AM
I like them. They are tops on my list too. I bought my micro McNaughton from them, and the tool post was made wrong. They trouble shot on the phone, and finally figured out what was wrong, sent a new post. They are great people. AND they know what they sell.

Never turn with cargo pants on.

Jon Nuckles
05-21-2013, 2:26 PM
+1 on great service from Craft Supplies.

Jim Underwood
05-21-2013, 2:51 PM
Always been happy with the service from Craft Supplies.

Hilel Salomon
05-21-2013, 7:26 PM
I have called them many times for technical advice, to buy things and sometimes to return or exchange items. They have been invariably polite, friendly and helpful.

Hilel

Matt Mackinnon
05-21-2013, 8:04 PM
I can't really say it's their fault, but I wished they had the option to use USPS as it seems to be faster than Fedex. Really. I got Dave from D-Way to ship out a set of his wheels last Friday and they were waiting to be picked up in Niagara Falls NY by noon on Monday. Craft Supply shipped out a scraper and some sandpaper to my Niagara Falls NY address and it won't be in until after noon on Thursday. Almost a full week to get from UT to NY where the post can do WA to NY in only 3. But that is Fedex problem not Craft Supply. They just package it and ship it out. I'd rather not pay the $31 bucks to do what the post charges $13 for.