PDA

View Full Version : How To Build A Shed

Julie Moriarty
05-20-2013, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T_XXh1WaG0

Part 2 should follow

Peter Kelly
05-20-2013, 2:37 PM
*How to build a shed without using a hand saw.

Brian Tymchak
05-20-2013, 2:50 PM
..... I don't really know what to say.. I just hope no one is in the building when it blows over in the first thunderstorm.

Julie Moriarty
05-20-2013, 4:04 PM
This thread has pics from the beginning. It's even better....

Jeff Monson
05-20-2013, 4:34 PM
Julie, the thread title should read "How NOT to build a shed". I think you missed a key word there.

Garrett Ellis
05-21-2013, 1:11 AM
Looked like he pulled 20 sheets of particle board out of his van, thought it was a circus car at first LOL

Peter Quinn
05-21-2013, 5:49 AM
Gee, the roof framing is a little light....hope he's not in an area with snow load. Or wind. Or heavy rain. Here in new England that sort of structure might last 2 years, maybe more under the right conditions.

Julie Moriarty
05-21-2013, 7:50 AM
If you look at the pictures on the bcsportbike link you'll know how bad the build is. That thread is over 60 pages. Pretty funny comments too. What keeps running through my mind is someone who is clueless about construction took so many pictures and even made a video, then posted it all to the web. It makes me wonder if he was really proud of his work or if he deliberately built a death trap (it's called "The Shed Of Doom" on the net) with the intent of humoring Internet viewers. A strong wind, moderate snow, even a heavy gust will probably mark the end of that shed. He had to have some idea that thing won't last long.

Charlie MacGregor
05-21-2013, 8:40 AM
Julie,
The guy documenting the build is a tenant of the artful builder and theres no love lost between the two. I wondered though, the same thing every time he would stop, stand back and admire his handiwork.

John Coloccia
05-21-2013, 9:10 AM
I love how he sticks a board up and thinks, "Awwww that's close enough"....pound pound pound. The close up pictures that Julie is referring to are priceless. This is almost like a piece of dynamic art.

Tom Ewell
05-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Yup, incredible stuff going on there, the biker site shows well over 3 million reads for that particular thread, amazing. Almost feel for the "builder" of that thing, hard to imagine pride of ownership but there seems to be some. Hope no one gets hurt as a result of his efforts.

Bill Edwards(2)
05-23-2013, 8:19 AM
I thought the music was wrong on the video.

It should have been the music from the Benny Hill Show.

(or at least the Keystone cops)

Julie Moriarty
05-23-2013, 8:41 AM
A video honoring the fine construction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chuWQItCOb4&list=UUEnF9xoVXla8mrHKyIpig7A

Brian Backner
05-23-2013, 12:50 PM
I gather none of you have ever been to the real boonies in West Virginia? This thing would be a revolutionary improvement in certain areas!

Being originally from Pittsburgh, we often made it down there for hunting and fishing. One time I saw something that made me absolutely cringe: someone had a car up on a homemade "car lift" - stacks of nine or ten cinder blocks under the four ends of the front and rear bumpers. This was in a muddy field with no sub-supports and no obvious attempts at leveling as the car was canted about 10 degrees or so.

I bet it's still there thirty years later.

Dale Murray
05-27-2013, 8:05 AM
elaborate performance art?

David C. Roseman
05-27-2013, 8:25 AM
Pretty funny! Judging from the movement of vehicles and animals in the background, my guess is this is a heavily edited video put together to see how many youtube views the makers could get. If so, looks like the traps are working. :)

David

Julie Moriarty
05-27-2013, 8:48 AM
The rumor is that, while the property owner is the one who built the shed, the person who filmed the video and took all the pictures is his disgruntled tenant.

Tom Ewell
05-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Pretty funny! Judging from the movement of vehicles and animals in the background, my guess is this is a heavily edited video put together to see how many youtube views the makers could get. If so, looks like the traps are working. :)

Davidfrom what I gathered reading most of the monster thread, it started out with the tenant just taking some stills and posting them up at the site. There was a request for some time-lapse video, which is what the op went to.