PDA

View Full Version : Free Corel draw templates for paper cutting

Carol Stopforth
05-19-2013, 8:44 AM
Hi there - does anyone know of a website where I can get free CDR templates for cutting paper? I know about Epiloglaser.com and Craftsmanspace.com they have brilliant templates for free download but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I want filligree lace designs for wedding invites. Any ideas?

Vicki Rivrud
05-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Hi Carol,
Not alot out there that is free anymore.

Try some of the scrapbooking or card cut file sites, especially Barking Bird http://www.birdscards.com/ - she has put out many files for card cutting and I have used some to create cupcake wrappers & wedding invitations.

Good luck, hope you find what your looking for,
Vicki

Ian Franks
05-20-2013, 4:42 AM
This site has a bunch of free stuff which might work. http://www.fam-bjork.se/monicas-hobbysida/en_craft_robo_misc_2.html. Not Corel files but you can import the svg format into Corel.

Mike Null
05-20-2013, 7:54 AM
Very nice link, Ian.

Vicki Rivrud
05-20-2013, 9:20 AM
Hi Ian,
Wow, great link - sure does help!
Vicki

Roy Nielsen
05-22-2013, 9:50 PM
Vicki and Ian,

Thanks for the great links.

Carol Stopforth
05-23-2013, 9:20 AM
Thanks so much guys, you are great !

Jiten Patel
05-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Uh oh, going to have me some competition! Wish I has sites like that when I started. I have to painstakingly draw all of mine! Nice links!

Carol Stopforth
05-23-2013, 5:02 PM
Hi Vicky
I have found exactly what I am looking for on the Birdscards link you gave me. Such cool stuff. Did you manage to open the files OK? The files are in most of the formats, including dxf which is what i use, but something is not right as my lasercut 5.3 programme just freezes up when I import the images. Did this happen to you as well, and how did you overcome this? Would really appreciate your help.

Vicki Rivrud
05-24-2013, 8:05 PM
Hi Jit, I know that too well. I had to draw all of mine when I started 6 years ago! Now with the scrapbooking & card making craze I can find something quickly to use as a starting point. CAROL - I think Bird actually uses Inkscape, which opens the svg files very well and then I can re-export as a dxf. I really haven't had any problems with the dxf files except for at times overdrawn lines or lines under lines. I usually import the dxf into Corel X4, cleanup or resize to mm and then export as a dxf V. AutoCAD 2000 and then import into Lasercut. IN Lasercut I make sure to use the Tools option-highlight the entire drawing and then select unite lines. I do a simulate to see if there are any other problems. Sounds like a lot of steps but its 2nd nature to me and I get through them very quickly. Hope that helps. IF you are still having a problem, you can email me the file and I'll see if I can id the actual problem you may be experiencing. All the best,Vicki

Carol Stopforth
05-26-2013, 6:28 AM
Hi Vicky - I managed to figure out how to get the files open. I did exactly what you suggested, imported to CDR X3 and resized, then saved as dxf file, and it worked great. There are some super patterns on the birdscards site. Thanks so much for your help.

John Bion
06-15-2013, 8:38 AM
Dear Viki,
thanks so much for your advice re laserworks here! You have just solved a huge import problem I have been having.
Realy appreciated!
kind regards, John

Hi Jit, I know that too well. I had to draw all of mine when I started 6 years ago! Now with the scrapbooking & card making craze I can find something quickly to use as a starting point. CAROL - I think Bird actually uses Inkscape, which opens the svg files very well and then I can re-export as a dxf. I really haven't had any problems with the dxf files except for at times overdrawn lines or lines under lines. I usually import the dxf into Corel X4, cleanup or resize to mm and then export as a dxf V. AutoCAD 2000 and then import into Lasercut. IN Lasercut I make sure to use the Tools option-highlight the entire drawing and then select unite lines. I do a simulate to see if there are any other problems. Sounds like a lot of steps but its 2nd nature to me and I get through them very quickly. Hope that helps. IF you are still having a problem, you can email me the file and I'll see if I can id the actual problem you may be experiencing. All the best,Vicki

Vicki Rivrud
06-16-2013, 8:52 AM
Hi John,
There are many great menu options/functions in Lasercut/Laserworks that I have found and put to good use over the years.

Also try the "data check" under tools. Here it will check the file for overlapping, intersecting or unclosed lines. The function highlights the troubled area, usually in red. This makes for a better cutting/engraving file.

All the best,
Vicki