PDA

View Full Version : Gloat

Dave Halter
05-19-2013, 8:21 AM
I spend a lot of time lurking and don't post much here on the Neander forum, but I have to gloat. I went to an auction yesterday and was able to pickup some very nice tools. There's Starrett, Ohio, Stanley, older Craftsman, and Bridge City tools in the lots I bought. I took out some of the tools that weren't worth photographing. Not bad for $110 total.

Brian Thornock
05-19-2013, 8:25 AM
Allow me to be the first to say, YOU SUCK! Those are some great tools. The bridge city tools are worth several times what you paid all on their own. Great job!

Michael Ray Smith
05-19-2013, 11:50 AM
+1 on the YOU SUCK! Great haul!

Winton Applegate
05-19-2013, 4:56 PM
Even though I don't have a cockneyish accent but have some English and Irish roots allow me to attempt to spell what I am feeling:
Knnuuoissse ! Vuurrry knnuuoissse !

Does any body have one of the Bridge City story sticks ? They had little ticks you could bolt on the main rule and set up a precise story stick for a project. I finally got up the bucks and called them to order and they had stopped making them.
Any good mate ?

Mel Fulks
05-19-2013, 5:06 PM
Winton,Have not seen those .Somebody sells a tape rule with room on it to make notes,though. Fast Cap?

Ron Kellison
05-19-2013, 5:21 PM
Winton,Have not seen those .Somebody sells a tape rule with room on it to make notes,though. Fast Cap?

Lee Valley Story Tape

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=65359&cat=1,43513,65359

Best regards,

Ron

Brian Ashton
05-19-2013, 6:45 PM
I spend a lot of time lurking and don't post much here on the Neander forum, but I have to gloat. I went to an auction yesterday and was able to pickup some very nice tools. There's Starrett, Ohio, Stanley, older Craftsman, and Bridge City tools in the lots I bought. I took out some of the tools that weren't worth photographing. Not bad for $110 total.

Shivers! are all the last picture bridge city! Where was the auction Mongolia. Can't believe no one else in this ebay age picked those out other than you.

Winton Applegate
05-19-2013, 9:05 PM
Story tape
Yep, thanks
I use one of those.
Doesn't have quite the bling of black anodized aluminum channel with knobs of rosewood and brass with little metal marker things. Oh well apparently I didn't really need one.

Oh god. My first photo I am posting and it says copyrighted. Is the world going to end or what ? Shall I delete the photo?
It isn't like I am making money from using it and is drawing attention to the owner of it not to me.
The photo at Bridge City didn't do the tool justice and I found nothing else. The paper catalog photo was much better.

Dave Halter
05-19-2013, 11:20 PM
It was in a small farming town in NW Missouri. I was quite surprised also, the large BC combo square went for only $20.

Winton,
Woodpeckers also makes a story stick. Anodized aluminum (still not the same as rosewood and brass), but they make quality tools.

Dave