PDA

View Full Version : Font needed for router letter stencil

Jeff Greer
05-17-2013, 5:30 PM
I need a font the the characters are all the same thickness all the way around the letters to make a acrylic font to guide a router.

ANY help would be great!!!! Thanks you!!

Walt Langhans
05-17-2013, 6:05 PM
I'm not sure I complacently understand. Are you saying that if an "A" is 1/16th of an inch then the "B,C,D.. etc" also need to be 1/16th of an inch or do you mean the line that actually makes up the character stays the same thickness thought out the letter? If it's the latter this might work http://www.mrrace.com/CamBam_Fonts/

Mike Chance in Iowa
05-17-2013, 7:08 PM
I'm a little lost too. Are you looking for a stencil font that the letters are all the same thickness? - such as Futurist, Giant, Gunplay, Platoon
or ... Are you looking for a font that all the letters are the same thickness that you can use as a guide? - such as Arial, Helvetica, Nimbus, Orator

AL Ursich
05-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I use a font called Modern that is a single stroke. I use it with my CarveWright in Outline Mode with a Plunge bit. It gives me a Simulated Hand Router Template look with the Hobby CNC... For me the trick is to use a 3/8 inch bit for letters 2.25 inches tall and for 4 inch tall letters a 1/2 or bigger bit... to be sure to cut out the center material.

Good Luck,

AL

William Adams
05-18-2013, 9:55 AM
A single-stroke font will provide this effect. One such is the Hershey fonts available as a plug-in for Inkscape.

Alternately, one can v-carve by using a tool to analyze the paths mathematically like F-engrave.

Jeff Greer
05-20-2013, 1:27 PM
Thanks guys, the issue I was running into was that on curved letter features is the they would flare out and where they attached to the upright portion of the letter, they would be thin at that point too.