PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified Blum Tool

Jason Williams
05-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I got a great deal on a Blum Minipress. There is a accessory that came with it that I am not sure what is or how to use it. Attached is a picture. Any help is greatly appreciated.262465

Jason Williams
05-17-2013, 8:42 PM
Just curious if anyone know what this and what it is for.

Andrew Pitonyak
05-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Wasted a bunch of time trying to find an answer, but you mostly stumped me (not that I have any reason that I should know)....

Have you tried looking at a manual?

http://www.blum.com/us/en/02/30/50/

This is the closest that I found (which includes a picture of your jig)

http://www.globalmachineryco.com/EZ-DOOR-DRILL-MASTER-BLUM-HINGE-AND-DOOR-JIGS-MM-1279.htm

Will drop Blum an email to see if they can tell me :D

Jason Williams
05-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks for your efforts. I've spent hours myself on the Blum site and reading through their different pdf materials that they have available. So far, I've found out nothing. Chances are I'll never use it but it still bothers me that I don't know what it is:p

Roger Rayburn
05-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Why not send your photo to Blum customer service or tech support?

Andrew Pitonyak
05-18-2013, 1:20 AM
Why not send your photo to Blum customer service or tech support?

Not a bad idea.... I did something like that for another company and they told me exactly what I had (needed to replace some broken hinges). I dropped a message to BLUM tech support, so will see what they say. That said, you could call them your self :-)

Richard McComas
05-18-2013, 4:29 AM
Some one over on the woodwebs cabinet makers forum probably knows.

Lewis Justis
05-18-2013, 6:36 AM
That is the set-up gauge for the 7-spindle head. It lets you set different offsets from the edge when drilling shelf pin holes. If you have the 7-spindle head and the manual for it, it is described in section D.

Jason Williams
05-20-2013, 4:23 PM
Lewis,

Thanks for the answer. I don't have a book for the spindle head and have not been able to find one online. I'm going to call Blum today becuase I think I'm missing a part needed between the machine and the boring head to turn the 7 spindle head. Thanks everyone for the help!

Jeff Duncan
05-20-2013, 6:20 PM
I sold mine but do remember there's an adapter of some sort you'll need to connect the seven spindle attachment. I looked in my catalogs and can't find diddly squat either:( IIRC it was pretty small so should only run you $300 or so....no, no, just kidding:D but Blum is expensive as heck;)

good luck,
JeffD

Jason Williams
05-20-2013, 9:29 PM
Fortunately I have the adapter plate for the spindle head. It is quite expensive if you have to buy it. I finally found a owners manual for my boring head and sent Blum a email about my missing piece. You are correct about Blum's prices. I think they are excessive.

Andrew Pitonyak
05-21-2013, 1:47 PM
Jason, call BLUM. I spoke with Jim today (he called me) from Blum Technical support. He was able to see this thread, but not the picture. Their general number is 800-438-6788. Jim's extension is 1239.