PDA

View Full Version : small hardware for small wooden keepsake box

Larry Macedo
05-15-2013, 9:53 PM
Hi my name is Larry just joined the Sawmill site. I am just getting into wood working the right way i should say learning new things ,have alot to learn i was wondering where can i find small hinges,lettle chains for the boxes to hold the lid etc.
alsoi want to build a table that will be at the top of my stairs, wondering the right dementions etc, never did a mortise and tenon joint, i have got alot of power tools now gargage is getting full LoL.

Anyway if anone has some suggestions that would be great! Ho by the way I am 60 retired 4 years ago a year after i did are 29 year old son died and i needed something to do even though the pain will never stop i go on for my 2 year old grand daughter and 3 month old grandson! made them somethings as well. need help !
Thanks Larry:)

Art Mann
05-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Have a look here.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/OnlineCatalog.aspx?id=01a76ae2

I have always gotten high quality stuff and great service from Lee Valley.

Ruperto Mendiones
05-16-2013, 12:48 AM
Brusso.com Very high quality hinges, lid stays and quadrant hinges. also very high $$. Rockler & woodcraft = routine sources for small box hardware.

Andrew Pitonyak
05-16-2013, 1:06 AM
I buy a lot of stuff from Lee Valley (as already suggested). When possible, I buy locally because I have a couple of local woodworking stores that provide great advice.

I use a lot of Brusso stuff (as already recommended). When the project matters, I am likely to use Brusso because it is made so well. It always hurts the pocket book, but I am never disappointed with the product. For less important things where I can handle some slop (not that it all has slop), I will probably use something less expensive.

Brent Ring
05-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Have a look here.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/OnlineCatalog.aspx?id=01a76ae2

I have always gotten high quality stuff and great service from Lee Valley.
+1 on Lee Valley - and Welcome to the Creek!