PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a nice way to start the day!

dennis thompson
05-15-2013, 10:53 AM
I had a battery installed in my watch & was going to the jewelers to pick it up. My wife had 3 old rings & asked me to get a value for them. It made me think of an old ring I had which I never have & never will wear so I brought it with me. Well they valued my ring at $375!, I was amazed & took the money. While waiting for my money I saw a sign that offered a corporate card for people who worked at the company I am retired from, I asked about it, they gave me one & what does it say but "free watch batteries with this card". I got my $13 back for the watch battery I had already paid for. Yes a good way to start the day.Its my lucky day, I think I'm going to buy some lottery tickets. Now I wonder what you will suggest I do with all this money?
Dennis

Michael Weber
05-15-2013, 11:21 AM
I'd stop while I was ahead and forgo the lottery. You can send the money to me. PM me for my address if that is acceptable to you. :rolleyes:

David Weaver
05-15-2013, 12:40 PM
I'd say use the $13 to buy a cheap watch case opener so you can put $1 or $2 batteries in all of your watches, but now you don't even have to pay for batteries.

As for the money, just hand it over to the wife. Might as well get it over with!

TODD RAYMER
05-15-2013, 12:47 PM
I do not know if you have the Power Ball lottery by you but tonights drawing is three hundred and sixty million.

ray hampton
05-15-2013, 5:36 PM
If new jersey refuse to sell power ball tickets then buy some from PA, pa wins quite often

John Sanford
05-15-2013, 7:57 PM
Congrats. Treat yourself to a tool (or perhaps wood) that you've been eyeing, and take the wife out to dinner.