PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my x700 from redsail.

Clark Pace
05-15-2013, 9:26 AM
Hello,

Well I ordered my x700 from redsail. It's slated to arrive in the USA on the 17th. Still has to go through customs, and delivered to my location.

I plan on doing a detailed review from purchase to arrival to setup. Just to help those get through some hoops and questions that I have had from what customs broker I used to general setup.

It will be interesting. To date I've run 6 lasers. 3 from china, and 3 USA branded. Each with a minimal hands on of 6 months to 5 years. Each with there ups and downs.

I've never used a Redsail laser so It should be interesting.

John Thomson
05-15-2013, 3:18 PM
Hi,I have had an X700 for 18 months now, 50W, manual up/down table with rotary.....only real issue was a burned out PSU....I ordered a replacement direct from Redsail, took 3 days to be delivered to the UK and was an easy fit.It is my first Laser so other than looking at other makes at sign shows I have nothing to compare with but it does the job for me and I would recommend it.john

Deane Donaghy
05-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi,I have had an X700 for 18 months now, 50W, manual up/down table with rotary.....only real issue was a burned out PSU....I ordered a replacement direct from Redsail, took 3 days to be delivered to the UK and was an easy fit.It is my first Laser so other than looking at other makes at sign shows I have nothing to compare with but it does the job for me and I would recommend it.john
+ 1 to Johns post.
My only problem so far was a blown fuse in the power in socket. I didn't have a suitable fuse on hand so just replaced it with an old pc socket which worked fine.
Decent machine for the money.