PDA

View Full Version : Borders, Designs, Black White. Logo's/ Black white Redraws.

Jesse Anderson
05-15-2013, 2:05 AM
Any one know of a graphics package that has a a library of Laser ready Borders and Designs. That way i can just bring them over without messing with the photos... I am not a experienced laser engraver. But when grabbing images off of the web, then converting them so the engrave well. It takes the detail out of the art. Maybe i will get better in the future. I have had a guy take images i have sent him and make them into Black and White Redraws. They look perfect. Any advice ?? Maybe a tutorial on processing images better. I always just convert to bitmap, Ehnace, Auto ajust, Then convert to Black and white Line drawing.. Works best for me.. And i get the best detail. When i get black and white images off of Yahoo or google. And do not do much editiing. The laser always prints a faint square around the actual image.

Sorry for the format of this Thread. It was sent with my Tablet. ,, I hope some one can make sense out of it,

Dan Hintz
05-15-2013, 6:26 AM
If you get a faint square, you're not converting to a proper 1-bit B&W image (or you're working in CMYK, not RGB).

Martin Boekers
05-15-2013, 9:50 AM
That's alot of steps! If it's vector no need to convert to a bitmap, if it's a bitmap already why convert again? Each step degrades your end graphic a bit.
If you are using Corel there are some graphics and vector included with the package.

I second what Dan said... First make sure you are in RGB or grey scale, CMYK screws things up in Corel going to the laser. Next use the eyedropper tool and move it over
the "white" areas they should read. R, 255 G, 255 B, 255 even if they are 1 point off it can cause an issue. Is so use a photo editing program Corel Photo Paint or Photo shop
then go under adjust ment to "level" and more the silder that controls the white point just a bit to remove the "off color"

Jeff Belany
05-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Look into Dover books. I know in they have had some real nice clip art books with borders, quite a few now available on disk. They even have a free sample program that sends you an email and you can download free stuff. Most of their stuff is real nice.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Jesse Anderson
05-15-2013, 1:53 PM
Thank you guy's. I have had my machine for over 7 months now.. I am still learning new things..I forget sometimes that my images have to be in RGB.. I wish i would of started out with graphic design rather than programming.. Would of paid off more in the future.

Balsanu Gabi
05-16-2013, 3:37 AM
Try:
- custom google search - black and white images:
- vectormagic;
- inkscape.

HTH
Gabi

Bill Cunningham
05-16-2013, 9:41 PM
Corel Draw comes with a large number of borders, both plain and specific. All vector.

john passek
05-19-2013, 9:55 PM
Laserbits sells CD's with different contents, you may find something there.
I have the megaEPScolection Volume 2 it has tons of good stuff.