PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy SawStop ICS - Philadelphia area

Michael Heffernan
05-14-2013, 11:24 PM
I've decided to pony up and get a SawStop ICS. Going with either the 3hp or 5hp single phase, 52" rails, mobile base and possibly the overhead dust collection.
Question is, where to buy it in the Philly area. Any recommendations on the best dealer to purchase from?
Dealers in my area are:
KP Walsh Associates, West Chester, PA
Woodcraft, Downingtown, PA
CH Wilke, York, PA
AW Meyer, Ridgefield, NJ
There is also Hermance Machinery Company in Williamsport, PA. Have heard good things about them, but it's a bit of a hike from here.
Anyway, looking for the dealer near me that has the best service and knowledge of the product.
Thnx

johnny means
05-15-2013, 7:15 AM
Duh, Woodcraft in Newcastle, DE.

NO SALES TAX!

Jim German
05-15-2013, 8:16 AM
Duh, Woodcraft in Newcastle, DE.

NO SALES TAX!

+1 !

The woodcraft folks have always been pretty good to me.

johnny means
05-15-2013, 8:43 AM
Your welcome to come check out mine. It's been in service in a professional shop for several years now.

Prashun Patel
05-15-2013, 8:46 AM
Michael-
I got my PCS from Hermance. They worked with me on the shipping. But that was then. Also, is the sales tax affected if you buy in vs out of state?

Doug Ladendorf
05-15-2013, 9:06 AM
Michael, I just saw a SawStop mobile base on Craig's list in the area. Might save you a hundred bucks.

Michael Heffernan
05-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Johnny, where are you located? I'm just outside Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia.

Your welcome to come check out mine. It's been in service in a professional shop for several years now.

Michael Heffernan
05-15-2013, 1:01 PM
Prashun,
Were you happy with Hermance? Any issues with shipping, damage or missing parts that you had to deal with? I am a business, so I need to pay sales tax on all my machinery purchases, as I deduct them from my state and federal taxes.
Do you remember what the shipping cost was? Got a quote from KP Walsh and it's $250 shipped from Washington.

Michael-
I got my PCS from Hermance. They worked with me on the shipping. But that was then. Also, is the sales tax affected if you buy in vs out of state?

Michael Heffernan
05-15-2013, 1:02 PM
Doug, Thanks for the heads up. However, I'm going with the ICS, industrial saw and it is a different mobile base (not integrated) than the PCS.

Michael, I just saw a SawStop mobile base on Craig's list in the area. Might save you a hundred bucks.

Steve Wurster
05-15-2013, 1:38 PM
A (now former) coworker of mine bought his from the Woodcraft in Downingtown, I believe. He lives in Doylestown. Although I don't know which model of the SS he bought (was a few years ago).

johnny means
05-15-2013, 2:42 PM
Johnny, where are you located? I'm just outside Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia.

I'm in Newport DE.

Prashun Patel
05-15-2013, 2:47 PM
Michael-
I was happy with Hermance. No issues with them at all. I had the package within a week.
They paid for the shipping. But it's not a stated policy, so I'm not saying you should expect them to do it again.

Chuck Darney
05-16-2013, 9:01 AM
+1 !

The woodcraft folks have always been pretty good to me.

+2 for Woodcraft.

I got mine from them and they worked with me to get exactly what I needed/wanted. It's good to deal with them FTF. I don't think you'll find any price difference no matter where you buy so it may as well be local.

...Chuck