PDA

View Full Version : Jet 14" bandsaw fence installation?

Jay Yoder
05-14-2013, 8:23 PM
I recently rebuilt a 14" Jet bandsaw and went to re-install the fence only to discover the manual doesn't include instructions/dimensions for locating it. I bolted it back close, but was wondering if anyone has the installation sheet that comes with the fence they could email me? I emailed WMH and they just sent me another manual for the bandsaw itself. I know with my table saw, it came with a hardboard template to locate the fence rail from the tabletop. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Peter Aeschliman
05-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi Jay, what's the specific problem you're having with the installation? I have the same saw- isn't it just a matter of bolting on the rails and attaching the fence to the front rail? Are you having trouble getting the top of the rails parallel to the table top? You should be able to make that adjustment via guess-and-check.

I need to understand your challenge.

Jay Yoder
05-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Maybe I am just being too OCD. I have it on and it seems to be ok, but just would like to have the paperwork that came with the fence...

Joseph Tarantino
05-16-2013, 11:02 AM
why not just contact walter meier tools? i'm sure the friendly CS folks at jet would be only too eager to help you out.

Jay Yoder
05-17-2013, 9:43 PM
I checked with them and they only resent the complete owners manual. Was hoping someone on here had the fence paperwork and could scan it for me...