PDA

View Full Version : Top Saver Rust Remover and Protectant

Roger Davis
05-13-2013, 1:10 PM
Over the weekend I cleaned the top of my Unisaw with Top Saver made by Empire Manufacturing. Because I am almost out of Top Saver I went to find a retailer to no avail. Amazon, Rockler and Woodcraft no longer carry it. I called the telephone number on the bottle of Top Saver and got a telephone contest scam site. I found a similar product called Top Saver made by General International Tool in Canada but their website only shows a picture with no way to buy the product. Someone on Ebay is selling the General Top Saver but the shipping is outrageous costing almost same as the product! Does any Creeker know of a way to buy Top Saver or if the product is longer available what a good comparable product is? Thanks, Roger

Frank Trinkle
05-13-2013, 2:18 PM
Try calling Wood Tech Enterprises. 1-828-628-4414

I recently ordered Top Saver on Amazon from them. I had an issue and called them, and they were very responsive. They told me Empire Manufacturing is not answering their calls either. They said that their order timeline is excessive, and they don't know if it will improve. Nonetheless, they said they had some of the Top Saver product still in stock a month ago, so you might call them and see what the current situation is.

I have found other products that I am now using, having come to the realization that Empire is probably going to be toast shortly. Good luck!

Joseph Tarantino
05-13-2013, 2:32 PM
same problem re top saver and a defective spray bottle. woodcraft was good enough to send me a replacement bottle last year, but i'll probably be looking for a substitute in the future if wood tech enterprises comes up empty. or i'll just switch to mineral spirits and progressively finer grades of wet/dry sandpaper.

Roger Davis
05-14-2013, 9:09 PM
Frank, Thanks for the referral to Wood Tech. I called and ordered two refill bottles. Wood Tech said that Top Saver is still doing business but on a VERY limited basis. Wood Tech has a standing order for more product to be delivered on an ad hoc schedule. Roger

Mel Fulks
05-14-2013, 9:22 PM
I've found Wood Tech to be most knowledgeable and helpful ,too. We had a strange knife grinder once and couldn't get much info on it .They helped us and referred us to a guy who particularly liked that model and subsequently bought ours.