PDA

View Full Version : Desk

Dave Crabbs
05-10-2003, 10:37 AM
I am building a computer desk in a Mission Style. The legs have a 1 3/4" square end posts with 5 slats 1 1/4" wide and 1/2 " thick. They are 1 1/4" apart with the middle slat centered in each leg section. The top rail is 3" wide and the bottom rail is 4" wide with a arch that is 3" wide in the middle. both rails are 7/8" thick. I made 3 leg sections 2 of the sections will be on the right side 15" apart with a shelf to hold the computer and a small drawer (there is a arched bottom rail under the shelf). The 3rd section will hold the left side of the desk top up about 34" from the computer section with a pull out keyboard tray. I am at a stand still as to just put a bottom strecher in the rear with a arch to mimick the rest of the bottom rails or, would it look better with a top and bottom rail with slats like the sides? The enclosed plan is for a end table that I modified for this desk.

Thanks for the help,
Dave

Lars Thomas
05-12-2003, 12:32 AM
My preference would be the arched strecher rail. Othersie the bottom of the desk could look like a jail with all of those slats. I can't recall ever seeing a Mission piece with slats on perpendicular sides.

just my 2 cents . . .