PDA

View Full Version : Gloat of a different kind...

Bill Arnold
05-16-2005, 3:53 PM
I've been busy on some projects and haven't had a lot of time to peruse the Forums lately. However, I did take time for something I've thought about for a long time but never pursued. After high school I went to a technical school to study electronics, then spent a few years in broadcast television and 27 years in cable television engineering management. I had recognition for my work over the years, but one thing was lacking -- a college education. My father never went to college and had a great life, therefore his view was that I should just go out and get a job, so I did.

I'm now 60 years old, have accomplished many things in my life, but was seeking something else for verfication that I'm not just another numbskull that somehow did well. A few weeks ago, I tested for admission and received an invitation to join MENSA. I'm now awaiting delivery of my membership kit.

Regards,

Jeff Sudmeier
05-16-2005, 4:02 PM
Bill,

Congratulations! You are doing a great thing! Good luck in the road ahead and above all, have fun!

Robby Phelps
05-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Congrats Bill. All the best to you. How have your quilt stands been doing. Selling a bunch I hope.

Cecil Arnold
05-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Congratulations Bill. I followed a simuliar road, was able to retire at 45 and went back to college for a BA and a few years later an MA. Now retired again and working harder than before. Keep pushing ahead and pursueing a dream.

Karl Laustrup
05-17-2005, 7:09 AM
Congratualtions, Bill. :)

It's good to know that us old codgers still have [i]it.

In my case I just don't remember where I put it.:confused: ;) :D

Rich Konopka
05-17-2005, 4:45 PM
Congratulations Bill !! There are plenty of intellects here at the Creek. However, some people just crave more. Good luck and nice job on the 2x4 project.

Best Regards,

John Hart
05-17-2005, 5:21 PM
Wow Bill, Mensa only has 100,000 members worldwide. That's pretty exclusive considering the world population, not to mention the IQ requirements. When accepted, are you still gonna yak at us country folk?

Jerry Olexa
05-17-2005, 7:02 PM
Bill, Congratulations!! You should be proud. Will u still talk to us "low-lifes"?

Mike Ramsey
05-17-2005, 8:53 PM
Congratulations! I also was invited to join the Mens Spa too but turned them down, (I kinda like lookin at the women):D

Bill Arnold
05-18-2005, 4:12 AM
Wow Bill, Mensa only has 100,000 members worldwide. That's pretty exclusive considering the world population, not to mention the IQ requirements. When accepted, are you still gonna yak at us country folk?Be assured, everyone, that I'm still the same "me" as always -- good or bad! :eek: Maybe that's been my greatest fault through the years -- being me and not playing anybody's politics. I call it like I see it -- although being a 'senior' has mellowed me somewhat! :D