PDA

View Full Version : Sheliix head for DeWalt 735 install question

Jack Lemley
05-10-2013, 5:33 PM
I received my Shelix head from Holbren today and got it installed. Took about 1 1/2 hrs and came off without a hitch except for one thing. The head lock bracket that is installed on the stock head does not fit over the head of the Shelix so it could not be re-installed. I read nothing about this on the web when I researched it. Anyone who has upgraded their 735 with the Shelix head, were you able to install the head lock on the Shelix head?

Thanks
Jack

Jack Lemley
05-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Bump

No one here has installed a shelix head on their DeWalt 735 planer and can tell me if the head lock is supposed to be installed or not? Just want to be certain I received the right head for my planer. Fits and works great except for the head lock.

Jack

Myk Rian
05-11-2013, 11:19 AM
It will not install.
I stored mine with the stock cutter head.

Joe Spear
05-11-2013, 5:47 PM
Same here. Just leave it off.

Jack Lemley
05-11-2013, 9:26 PM
Thanks guys! I couldn't see that it would do any good since the head doesn't have flat spots like the factory head.

fernando guerrero
07-08-2013, 10:13 PM
to answere any questions or concerns.
I also have installed the shelix head on my dw735, and no I did not reinstall the head lock, as its only used for the knives as it keeps the head from rotating while loosening the bolts. I also had concerns but theres no hex pattern on the new head but id rather suffer abit than to go back to knives, this does not cause jams or makes the machine run abnormal. I just wrapped it in the box with the old head in the shelix box. hopefully that helps. I also had to re adjust the height settings for stop on left side. which is about 1/16 to 1/8 off.I had just installed it a couple of days ago and let me tell you its very quiet and cuts great. you hear the blower over the cuts. I was very amazed on how quiet, my first cuts were done around midnight and you could not hear anything disturbing, i didnt even have my ear protection. I have no idea why i waited soo long. but let me advise you if you can afford it buy it, get it or request it as you wont be disappointed at all.
I also would like to thank Brian and his staff at Holbren for making my shopping exp. great. This is my first post and long time reader soo thank you all for the great posts. this is why I had to post this.

Jack Lemley
07-08-2013, 11:16 PM
to answere any questions or concerns.
I also have installed the shelix head on my dw735, and no I did not reinstall the head lock, as its only used for the knives as it keeps the head from rotating while loosening the bolts. I also had concerns but theres no hex pattern on the new head but id rather suffer abit than to go back to knives, this does not cause jams or makes the machine run abnormal. I just wrapped it in the box with the old head in the shelix box. hopefully that helps. I also had to re adjust the height settings for stop on left side. which is about 1/16 to 1/8 off.I had just installed it a couple of days ago and let me tell you its very quiet and cuts great. you hear the blower over the cuts. I was very amazed on how quiet, my first cuts were done around midnight and you could not hear anything disturbing, i didnt even have my ear protection. I have no idea why i waited soo long. but let me advise you if you can afford it buy it, get it or request it as you wont be disappointed at all.
I also would like to thank Brian and his staff at Holbren for making my shopping exp. great. This is my first post and long time reader soo thank you all for the great posts. this is why I had to post this.

Ditto!!! Shouldn't have waited so long. The install went real smooth except for the head lock thing.

Jack