PDA

View Full Version : Odd and annoying bug

Kathy Madan
05-10-2013, 4:40 PM
Has anyone noticed an odd and annoying "bug" in draw and photo-paint X5? If I do an export/publish to pdf or sometimes save as in either program, it won't actually save/export on the first try. Sometimes it will, sometimes it will not. Most of the time if I am emailing a copy of artwork to a customer, I just save it to the desktop. When I try to grab it from there to send, it's nowhere to be found. (and before you ask, yes I have checked that I actually try to save it there).

It is really annoying.

Mike Troncalli
05-10-2013, 5:24 PM
Yes, have noticed the same thing on X5. No rhyme or reason either... One time I couldn't get it to work for @#$#... I saved the file as a .tiff and it worked.. Next time it works just fine... Sorry not solution here, just feeling your pain.... Hasn't failed in a while though... Of course NOW that I HAD to go and say something...

Kathy Madan
05-10-2013, 5:38 PM
Well it still helps to know that I am not alone. Thanks for commiserating with me.

I just checked their site and it said this will fix it, but I have that installed and it is still doing it.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5
Download Instructions (http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=800161&ppid=1000083#patches_downloadInstructionsPopup)

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5

Patch Name
OS
Languages

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 Hot Fix 4 Notes: Hot Fix 4 will update the latest release of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 (15.2.0.686). The build number after the hot fix is applied will be 15.2.0.695. The following fix is included in the update;

JPG, PNG, GIF, and JPEG2000 files will export consistently
The Outline Width control on the property bar will accept custom values

Mike Troncalli
05-10-2013, 8:38 PM
Kathy, Thanks for the info. I will install and see what happens. Funny enough the main reason I use the Photo .jpg export is for my website or catalog, not for the laser..