PDA

View Full Version : Gweike and laser cut problem with dithered or photograv image.

Clark Pace
05-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Hi. So here is my issue. If I bring an image in of say a dog(grayscale)into laser cut and then go under tools and halftone, then engrave the image. The laser etches fine. The laser etches in a constant depth.

Now if I load the same dog image(grayscale). Go into photo shop or photograv(doesn't mater), convert the image into a dithered pictures(1bit), save as a bmp and then go into laser cut, import the image, set my engrave setting and start the machine(same settings). The machine will etch the image, but it almost tries to engrave in a 3d manner instead of just etching the dots at the power I tell the machine to. So I get this really un-even image and it looks horrible. On acrylic anyways.

Any thoughts? It want to treat any black and white image as a 3d image. P.S. I'm not using GradeEngrave. Just plain engrave?

I've not seen this before. I used to own a universal laser. Two actually. I also have used a china laser engraver from hamna(uses phcad). I also have a cheap $700 dollar ebay laser at home. An none of those do this. But this is the first time I've used the Laser Cut software. The Gweike machine is new in our shop.

Many thanks!!