PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Bowdon & Co backsaw

Mike Olson
05-10-2013, 12:42 PM
After 5 years of watching and going to estate sales just about every week, i have FINALLY found the last tool i have been looking for. "gave up ever finding a small adze"

It's an open handle back saw. Picked it up this morning for $5. The weird little one was $4, looks like a dovetail saw but the teeth are way to big so I think it's some kinda self made thing.

So, the nice back saw says Bowdon & Co Sheffield and that's it. I have tried searching for it but I can't find anything on this brand using Google. The name Bowdon doesn't return anything at all on this site so i'm putting it out there for anyone who may be able to assist with this.

I'm going to be cleaning it up a little and plan on having this as my main workhorse back saw so i'm not really interested in value, but i like knowing the history. "it's Art i can use"

Thanks for any info you can provide me on this.
Mike

Jonathan McCullough
05-10-2013, 1:42 PM
Check backsaw.net. They have a lot of info on British makers.

Mike Olson
05-10-2013, 2:32 PM
Check backsaw.net. They have a lot of info on British makers.
I had searched their list of Manufacturers without finding this. I was just doing some more looking and the only reference I found was that it's the 2nd quality of J Tyzack. No other info though. I guess i'll sign up over there and see if anyone can give me more info.

Thanks,
Mike