PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw X6 - Lasercut 5.3 - Windows7 compatability

John Bion
05-10-2013, 9:02 AM
Hi all,
I am having software compatability problems: does anyone else run CorelDraw X6 with Lasercut5.3, if so how did you manage to get the plugin to work? It appears that lasercut will only work with X3 and below.

The second issue I am having is to get Vista to recognise the softdog and load Leetro software, will an upgrade to Win7 help, does anyone else run Lasercut on Win 7?

Third Question: if I purchase a copy of C/D X3 will it run ok on Win7? Or should I install Win XP instead?

Thanks in advance for any help.
regards, John

Pete James
05-10-2013, 9:21 AM
John,
We run Lasercut5.3 on a Hurricane (GWeike LG3040) and run Win 7. You should have no problem with Win7 and Lasercut5.3.

We do not use Corel, we use a Brit graphics program - Serif Draw X5. Serif runs on Win7 without a hitch. We export all vector files in Serif to a plt file and import that into LaserCut5.3. We have found the Serif plt conversion to be very accurate and more importantly, the finicky LaserCut software likes it. Virtually no more unjoined lines, overlaps and such. I believe the current version of Serif DrawPlus is X6. It sells for only $99 USD.

John Bion
05-10-2013, 2:53 PM
Dear Pete,
thank you for your reply. I had not heard of Serif before, and certainly the price is very good. I have ordered the Win7 software to upgrade.
Kind Regards,
John

Allen Isakson
05-11-2013, 11:11 PM
I run x13 on windows 7 and use lasercut 5.3 no issues...

Alexa Ristow
05-13-2013, 4:50 AM
Hiya Allen,

Can you tell me if you are using 32 bit or 64bit version of Windows 7?

Regards,

Alexa.

Ernie Balch
05-13-2013, 7:38 AM
I can run lasercut 5.3 on XP but mostly run it as a plugin in Corel x4. Just draw it up in Corel and click the icon to send it to the laser. This approach works quite well.

ernie

Cliff Land
05-13-2013, 6:17 PM
Hi John.
I am using corel x4 on win 7pro (64bit) with a huricane floyd. i run corel in xp compatability mode and send everything directly to the laser from corel bypassing lasercut 5.3.
Cliff

John Bion
05-14-2013, 5:05 AM
Hi John.
I am using corel x4 on win 7pro (64bit) with a huricane floyd. i run corel in xp compatability mode and send everything directly to the laser from corel bypassing lasercut 5.3.
Cliff

Hi Cliff,
thanks for your reply, how do you send direct to laser, bypassing lasercut? What filetype are you using? Thanks and regards, John

Cliff Land
05-14-2013, 9:26 AM
Hi John
when you install the lasercut software there is a drop down box in the first window. the options should be lasercut 5.3, corel, and autocad. once you have installed the laser cut software you would then re-run the install program and choose the corel option. once installed you will see a new group of icons at the top of the screen in corel with the new laser options. the first one is the output to laser button. i guess bypass laser cut is not entirely accurate in that once you out put to laser the pop up that comes up is part of the lasercut software, but there is no file export/import hurdle here. you use the layer settings in the new window just like you would in lasercut and then download to laser just like you would in lasercut but again you are not exporting a file then trying to reopen it after opening another program. the output does generate some extra files in the directory where the corel file is stored so you may want to put the file you are working on in a separate folder. I am not sure if it is just me or it happens with everyone, but I get a fail to load dll error message when I output to laser. after clicking ok, the pop up window comes up and everything works as it should.

Hope this helps.
Cliff

John Bion
05-14-2013, 9:54 AM
Thanks Cliff, for some reason my Lasercut 5.3 informs me (at the point you kindly showed a screen shot of) that it will only accept Corel 11, 12 or X3. I have X6! I have purchased X3 now and am awaiting it's arrival. I have also changed to Win7 prof with the XP compatability mode, it now seems that Vista may have damaged my softdog. Ahh, the joys of computers.Kind Regards,
John

Cliff Land
05-14-2013, 6:18 PM
yep. I got the same message after purchasing and installing x5. So I called tech support, that was when the tech support at hurricane told me "oh yeah we are using x4 here" I was lucky enough to find a local retailer with a copy of x4, got the same message but was able to get it in and working. I am trying to remember if i used that button to the right with "..." or not. but it does run with x4. sorry to here about the softdog those things are not cheap to replace. hope it all works out for you.