PDA

View Full Version : 10-340 tire size?

Michael Dunn
05-09-2013, 10:46 PM
I don't see it listed in the manual. 18" saw, 18" tires, right? I measured the diameter of my upper wheel. 18-3/4". I assume this is to ensure a good tight fit. Im just asking just to be sure. My rubber tires are pretty tore up. I think I should replace them. It couldn't hurt, right? I'll go with urethane.

I remember them being a major PITA to install on my 14". Any other tips? I know used some clamps.

Lee Schierer
05-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Suffolk Machine (http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/)can set you straight on the correct tires for your saw.

Curt Harms
05-11-2013, 8:18 AM
I don't see it listed in the manual. 18" saw, 18" tires, right? I measured the diameter of my upper wheel. 18-3/4". I assume this is to ensure a good tight fit. Im just asking just to be sure. My rubber tires are pretty tore up. I think I should replace them. It couldn't hurt, right? I'll go with urethane.

I remember them being a major PITA to install on my 14". Any other tips? I know used some clamps.

Only things I know about polyurethane tires is you don't use glue and let 'em sit in warm water for a while to make 'em more pliable. Then clamps and screwdrivers and dowels to stretch and pry. I'd be a little surprised if the tires on your 10-340 aren't polyurethane, the tires on my 10-345 are yellow polyurethane. I don't know of any rubber bandsaw tires in any color other than black though there may be.

glenn bradley
05-11-2013, 9:05 AM
Keyed rubber tires (the kind with a raised rib on the inside surface) can be a bit of a fight. Urethane tires go on very easily. Clean your rims thoroughly to assure a good grip. Wiping down with alcohol or naphtha prior to installing the tires doesn't hurt. Put the tires in hot water as instructed. A pair of cloth gloves (for insulation) inside of rubber gloves (for grip) assures a pain-free, quick and confident installation. Don't mess with them (fiddling with tiny adjustments) once they are on, just quickly get them on straight and let them cool. Bada-Bing.

Joseph Tarantino
05-11-2013, 5:31 PM
+1 on urethane tires. suffolk machinery is the last place i'd look. iturra design is the go to guy for good advice and accessories.

Michael Dunn
05-11-2013, 6:10 PM
+1 on urethane tires. suffolk machinery is the last place i'd look. iturra design is the go to guy for good advice and accessories.

Iturra it is. I can't believe there are still stores (suffolk), with an online presence, that don't accept web orders. Wynn environmental is another. I hate having to call to place orders. It's not a social aversion, I'm just really quick with computers and prefer to do nearly everything with them.

Anyway, thanx for the tip.

Joseph Tarantino
05-12-2013, 8:56 AM
..... I hate having to call to place orders. ......

lou iturra doesn't have a web presence, either. he's apparently old school and can be reached here:

http://www.manta.com/c/mmc3znn/iturra-design