PDA

View Full Version : Even 31 yr. olds can have 'senior moments'...

Michael Dunn
05-08-2013, 10:34 PM
So I changed over my WM-718 from drum sanding to planing today while making some nice picture frames for my mother and mother-in-law. This was my first time using the 718 with my DC all setup.

So I'm planing this piece of nice quilted maple. DC is on. Chips are FLYING!!! I'm all bummed about it. "Geeze this DC sucks... In the wrong way", I thought. So I go make sure the DC is on. Hard to hear over the 718. DC was on. Then I saw the blast gate for my TS was open. Great!!!

Still no pickup at the 718...

I forgot to open the blast gate at my 718. Once I opened it it picked up an impressive amount of chips. I will eventually try to improve it. Good enough for now.

What a dufus!!!

Don Morris
05-09-2013, 3:02 AM
Wait until you're 72, you'll do that about once a week.

David C. Roseman
05-09-2013, 7:52 AM
Ah, but Michael, but you get a profile in courage award for sharing this with the rest of us. :)

David

Matt Day
05-09-2013, 7:55 AM
72? Wait until you're 33!

Andy Pratt
05-09-2013, 10:24 PM
It's not so bad doing this when you've first set up the dust collector. You'll start really feeling bad when you've had the same system in place for four years and you still make this mistake a couple times a week. The thought always starts with: "Man, I guess I must need to clean the filter again" and ends with "oh, that other gate was still open, crap"

Michael Dunn
05-09-2013, 10:47 PM
It's not so bad doing this when you've first set up the dust collector. You'll start really feeling bad when you've had the same system in place for four years and you still make this mistake a couple times a week. The thought always starts with: "Man, I guess I must need to clean the filter again" and ends with "oh, that other gate was still open, crap"

It happens to the best of us. I'm side it won't be the last time to me.