PDA

View Full Version : UPS evening deliveries

Matt Meiser
05-08-2013, 6:37 PM
Anyone else seen this? Lately our UPS deliveries have been in the evening. I just saw him drive by at 6:30. The other day I happened to be driving by the depot on my way to an appointment and saw all the trucks leaving before 9AM. I've been out at lunch and seen our driver--he has to be working some seriously long days. I've also noticed a different driver comes more often. Has UPS changed the way they do their deliveries?

Ken Fitzgerald
05-08-2013, 8:07 PM
Matt,

The UPS distribution site is about 1 mile from our home and yet, a majority of our deliveries are after 5:00 p.m. I think the driver for this route delivers our area as he returns to the "barn"?

Jim O'Dell
05-08-2013, 8:19 PM
Yeah, I think they do the businesses first and the residential last, but nothing to base that on. I've had a delivery as late as 7:30. Although the subwoofer I bought last month for the HT system came early in the afternoon. Maybe he wanted it off the truck and out of his way because of the weight! In fact, at 93 pounds, I was surprised it came by UPS at all. Jim.

Michael Dedon
05-08-2013, 8:33 PM
My UPS always delivers after 6:00 pm and it is almost always a different driver. FedEx delivers before noon. I am residential but in a reasonably populated commercial location and I've always suspected that to be the case but never asked.

Brian Kerley
05-08-2013, 9:22 PM
I believe UPS will deliver as late as 8 or 9PM.

Businesses are almost always delivered before noon.

Dave Lehnert
05-08-2013, 10:21 PM
The UPS trucks out in the evening around here are picking up packages left at the mail box type drop box.