PDA

View Full Version : Festool TS-55 and Carvex Jig saw Dust comparison

Mac McQuinn
05-08-2013, 2:06 PM
Concerning the Festool Carvex line of Jig saws and the TS-55 Track saw, which would produce more dust while cutting the same products? With this in mind, which would actually capture the most dust while connected to the same CT series Festool Vac?
As far as noise is concerned, which would be quieter when cutting the same materials?
Thanks,
Mac

Chris Rosenberger
05-09-2013, 12:40 PM
The jig saw will make less dust & less noise, but will be less accurate in making cuts.

Michael Dunn
05-09-2013, 6:29 PM
Concerning the Festool Carvex line of Jig saws and the TS-55 Track saw, which would produce more dust while cutting the same products? With this in mind, which would actually capture the most dust while connected to the same CT series Festool Vac?
As far as noise is concerned, which would be quieter when cutting the same materials?
Thanks,
Mac

TS will produce more dust.
Carvex will capture more.
Carvex will be quieter. The tool itself as well as the blade in the material.

Mac McQuinn
05-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Thanks guys,
Mac

Will Blick
05-09-2013, 11:42 PM
I use the TS75 often, excellent dust collection...maybe 90%... if you cut with a polystyrene sheet under the material, the escaped dust is still traped, preventing it from becoming airborne, so a simple vac clean up.
I have not used the Carvex yet, however, the weak link for all jig saws is the bottom of the material discharges a lot of the dust from the blades gullets...and of course, with all these saws, there is no dust collection on the bottom side of the material..... with the Carvex, you don't use foam or MDF sacraficial sheets. So I would think the Carvex would produce more dust than the TS's.
Of course the Carvex would be quieter though...