PDA

View Full Version : Exaktor vs Excalibur Table Saw Blade Guard

Jim Neeley
05-07-2013, 12:09 AM
I've been looking at both and each has its advantages. Has someone used both that can talk to how they compare? Opinions solicited, even if you considered both and bought one or have used one. :confused:

Jim

lowell holmes
05-07-2013, 8:19 AM
I've had the Exaktor for 10-11 years.

I don't use the dust collection.

It was less expensive than the Excaliber.

It must work, because I haven't had an injury since I installed it. I had nearly cut my finger off prior to buying it.

I figured the emergency room costs exceeded the cost of the guard. It did not make since to continue without one.

Since I have nevere used the Excalibur, I can't compare them.

I do not regret buying the Exaktor.

William C Rogers
05-08-2013, 7:03 AM
I just bought a Excalibur off CL. I have not installed it yet, as I am building a new shop. I can tell you it appears very robust, good quality and I look forward to getting it installed. This one is about 6-7 years old.

Bill

Mike Null
05-08-2013, 7:11 AM
I thought the Excaliber was clutzy and in the way. I never got comfortable with it and made it a condition of the sale of my previous saw. I thought it provided very good eye/face protection.

I am not familiar with the Exaktor.

Glen Blanchard
05-08-2013, 8:28 AM
I have been using an Excalibur for probably close to a decade now and really like it. I replaced the guard itself (which is a combination of metal and plastic) with a Sharkguard. The Sharkguard has increased visibility as there is no metal framework and the dust collection has greatly improved as well.

Cary Falk
05-08-2013, 9:07 AM
I have been using an Excalibur for probably close to a decade now and really like it. I replaced the guard itself (which is a combination of metal and plastic) with a Sharkguard. The Sharkguard has increased visibility as there is no metal framework and the dust collection has greatly improved as well.

I replaced the guard on mine as well because the dust always flew out the gap in the front. I made my own though. It does seem to be in my was a lot. I got it new off of CL so I didn't pay a lot for it. If I had to pay new price I don't know if I would go that route.