PDA

View Full Version : New Rikon 10-340... Fence upgrade?

Michael Dunn
05-06-2013, 5:14 PM
Drift Master is out of the question at $400

Grizzly's 19" resaw fence and rail may work. I have their 14" resaw fence and like it. However my 10-340's blade goes through the front of the table as opposed to the right side like the G0514 that this fence is designed for.

Any thoughts? The fence is the weakest aspect of the Rikon. I do plan to do some resawing. Nothing very hardcore though.

Michael Dunn
05-06-2013, 8:19 PM
Ok. So I'm still new to this saw, not to mention I've been driving for over 15 hours with another 3-1/2 to go. I just looked at my 10-340's stock rail. It has to be removed to change the blade. So I can most definitely use he 19" Grizzly fence. I'll have to use some Aluminum angle to mount it in a way that allows for quick blade changes.

Problem solved.

Thanx Mike! No... Thank YOU!

Jim Tabor
05-06-2013, 8:41 PM
Mike,
Before you replace the fence, why not order a 142" X3/4" Wood Slicer resaw blade from Highland Woodworking ( that's what I use on my 10-345) and follow the included detailed instructions on setting up the saw for resawing? You may not need a new fence at all. You sound excited about you're new saw and may be getting the cart before the horse. Good luck.

Michael Dunn
05-06-2013, 8:55 PM
Mike,
Before you replace the fence, why not order a 142" X3/4" Wood Slicer resaw blade from Highland Woodworking ( that's what I use on my 10-345) and follow the included detailed instructions on setting up the saw for resawing? You may not need a new fence at all. You sound excited about you're new saw and may be getting the cart before the horse. Good luck.

Indeed. I am totally excited. So excited that my 142"x3/4" (and 1/2") WS blades were delivered today along with my mobile base. It's all ready for me when I get home. I'll have to resist the urge to set it all up. I think I'll at least assemble the base so I don't have to leave the saw in the car. I wouldn't want some punk kid running off with it.

Bill Wyko
05-06-2013, 11:35 PM
I have a Grizzly 19" bandsaw, the fence that came with it is way better than my 19" Agazzani's fence by miles. The Agazzani BS is more than twice the price and is awesome but the Grizzly will hold its own in every way and has more features like a better fence, vernier tilting table & electric brake. IMHO the Grizzly fence is the best you can get for the money.