PDA

View Full Version : We Created "Fun Day"

Raymond Fries
05-06-2013, 4:33 PM
All of us seem to have busy lives and it always seems that we get pulled away from the fun stuff we want to do to fix stuff, do house tasks, or what ever. Wy wife and I decided to create "Fun Day" for a break in the weekly routine. We each chose a day of week where we could do what ever we want. No work is required and no helping requests will be made for the person who is having fun day. The one covering for the one having fun day does all of the cooking, kitchen cleanup, pet care blah, blah blah. This way we each get one day a week where we can plan to have fun doing whatever we want to do. Last week was the first week for fun day and it was awesome.

Maybe this can work for others.

Take Care and Enjoy Life...

David Weaver
05-06-2013, 4:53 PM
I'd like two fun months. One to finish my H&R set and make a few other moulding planes.

And then a second month to scratch make another infill plane by hand.

Your idea is a good one, though. I think I'm going to propose it to my wife, who likes to be moving and on 100% red alert 24-7-365

Bill Cunningham
05-07-2013, 8:52 PM
Hmmmm What if your fun day 'requires' your wife?

Mike Cozad
05-09-2013, 3:51 AM
I'd be more concerned with the inverse. What if it doesn't involve her at all???? Fun day just turned into moving day... Just sayin'.....

Jim Matthews
05-09-2013, 7:32 AM
I dunno Mike, everybody deserves play time.

My wife's idea of fun involves dressing like a bag of skittles and dancing
in a church basement for exercise. Unless there's a recliner in the corner,
-scratch that -

I don't really have the knees to handle a lap dance from some of her regulars.

Harold Burrell
05-09-2013, 12:01 PM

I'd be more concerned with the inverse. What if it doesn't involve her at all???? Fun day just turned into moving day... Just sayin'.....

You guys are sick. You know that, right? ;)

Harold Burrell
05-09-2013, 12:02 PM
I dunno Mike, everybody deserves play time.

My wife's idea of fun involves dressing like a bag of skittles and dancing
in a church basement for exercise. Unless there's a recliner in the corner,
-scratch that -

I don't really have the knees to handle a lap dance from some of her regulars.

Hmmm...two words come to mind..."Marriage Counseling".

Just sayin'...:o

Bill Cunningham
05-11-2013, 11:18 PM

Nope.. My wife is also my best friend, and I'm not allowed to have fun without her