PDA

View Full Version : Need spindle sander sandpaper sleeves

Chris Atzinger
05-06-2013, 3:33 PM
Hi,

I have a Delta B.O.S.S spindle sander that uses sleeves 4.5" long. I am trying to find a set of sleeves (3", 2", 1.5" diameters) in a 50 grit or close. I have not had much luck finding that size locally or online. Anyone else have source for these?

Thanks!
Chris

Dick Mahany
05-06-2013, 4:26 PM
I've had good luck with Klingspor abrasives. They have an online catalog.

Michael Dunn
05-06-2013, 5:07 PM
+1 on Klingspors. However the new Diablo abrasive line has spindle abrasives I believe. I haven't tried them yet but I did try their belt and disc with positive results.

Jim Neeley
05-06-2013, 5:07 PM
Woodworkers Supply offers a range of diameters and lengths, including 4.5".

Here's the 2" ones..
http://woodworker.com/2x4-12-aluminum-oxide-80-grit-spiral-band-mssu-878-680.asp?search=sanding sleeve&searchmode=2

Note the full URL as the link here dropped the last part. Otherwise you can find them under "sanding sleeves" at that (amongst other) sites.

Chris Atzinger
05-06-2013, 6:07 PM
Hi,

I searched around the Klingspors site, as I have always wanted to try some of their sandpaper (people seem to really like it), but had no luck. I'll check again.

Jim, I found exactly what i needed on the woodworkers supply site. Thanks for the link!

Michael, I have a pack of the diablo, but they only went up to 2" and 80 grit. I am sanding fiberglass, so I wanted the larger diameter (3") and the coarsest grit i could find.

Thanks fall of your help!

-Chris

Jerome Stanek
05-06-2013, 6:18 PM
I have been using Harbor Freight sleeves. Somewhere there was something about them coming from Klingspors