PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw X5 question

Tim Knighton
05-06-2013, 2:20 PM
I am new to this forum and I may not be posting this in the right area but i am trying to search for some Corel Draw X5 settings. I am new to Corel Draw X5 upgrading from Corel Draw 9. I have been lasering photos on black granite tiles and normally in Corel 9 it would take about 25 minutes for a 12" x 12" tile. When I switched to Corel X5 the same image takes 94 minutes. Obviously I'm missing something and i am hoping that someone can give me the information I need to fix this. Any information would be appreciated and if I'm posting this in the wrong area I do apologize. I tried searching for answers but I must not be using the correct search words. I know the basics but thats about it. I have a Universal Laser M300 that I bought used and it has been working great so far. I also use Photograv 2. something so its not the newest version. I am learning as I go but have had great success up to this point. I normally convert my photos to 200 dpi in corel and then open and process them in Photograv then back to Corel for printing. Not sure what else to add but all I know is the process I use is the same for both versions of Corel so I figure its a setting in X5. Any help will be appreciated but use small words so I will understand. Also, has anyone ever seen a parts diagram for the M300?

Thanks,
Tim

Martin Boekers
05-06-2013, 3:00 PM
Do the engraved images look the same, are the files you are using, used in X9,
Are you sending it the same as in the past, is this just how long it takes for one pass
or does it take this long because you need multiple passes to get the same effect?

Alot of questions, off hand it sound like you may be somehow setting a higher resolution than in the past,
as that would increase your time.

Tim Knighton
05-07-2013, 1:13 PM
Martin,

Thanks for the information. I will check to see what the dpi is set to. I thought it was 200 dpi but now I am doubting myself.