PDA

View Full Version : A great weekend A.K.A Creeker Visits...

Steve Wargo
05-15-2005, 11:24 PM
This weekend I was headed up east to deliver a commission to Rhode Island. I had really wanted to stop and visit Alan Turner and see that beautiful desk he'd built, so I made arrangements to meet him on Thursday. Alan is a great host, and has really created a great piece in the Newport desk he recently completed. Just beautiful. He took me to where his school will be, and we had a great visit. From there my wife and I spent a couple nights in Manhattan. Neither of us had ever been. Then on the Rhode Island. I delivered the piece and then swung by Lou Sansone's to pick up some lumber and see his shop. While, I must admit, that I'm quite neader by nature, Lou's shop is amazing to walk into and soak in. There is some really great machinery in there, and the tall cherry clock he was working on was looking fantastic. All in all, it was a great trip, and my wife even had a nice time. I'd like to thank both of my hosts, and only wish I'd have stopped by Lou's before delivering the piece so he could have taken a look at it up close. I'll have pictures posted of that soon. Until then, here are a couple pics of the visit. Thanks for looking.

<center>http://madhunkyworkshop.com/images/AlanandSteve.jpg</center>

<center>http://madhunkyworkshop.com/images/LouandSteve.jpg</center>

Jim Becker
05-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Looks like a fine trip, Steve!! Alan's work is extraordinary and Lou's shop is to die for. Here's a couple avitars in case you and Lou would like to update!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Great trip Steve! Everybody at SMC would like to meet those two!

lou sansone
05-16-2005, 12:09 PM
hi all

what is an avitar?

This was my first SMC visit and it was quite nice. Steve and his wife were wonderfull guests and we had a good time together. Steve gave some good pointers and advise. I am sort of a self taught cabinetmaker and sometimes I have found out how to do things the real hard way. When you get together with other ww's you can find out that you have been killing yourself for no good reason.

Others are always welcomed to stop by and say hi. Actually steve and I did a little swap of some 8/4 tiger maple I had laying around and some really nice veneer he has. Turned out to be a good deal for both of us.
regards
lou

David Fried
05-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Lou,

The little picture by a person's name in their posts is the avatar. Now we finally get to see what you look like! It's nice to put a face with the name.

Dave Fried

Alan Turner
05-16-2005, 12:47 PM
It was great to meet Steve and his better half Christine. They arrived in the mid-afternoon, did the obligatory shop tour, had dinner, and left for NYC. Altogether too short a stay from my point of view, and they are welcome to return at any time!

BTW, his silver chest is a wonderful piece of work, as you all will see when he posts pix of it.

Jim Becker
05-16-2005, 2:47 PM
what is an avitar?

Dave already told you what it is...the way you get it into your profile is to right-click on the picture and save it on your computer. Then go into the User CP area at the top of the page, select Edit Avitar from the left menu, browse for the file the same way you add pictures to posts and then upload it. It will appear on all your posts, past, present and future...until you change it.

Steve Wargo
05-16-2005, 3:03 PM
Alan and Lou,
I agree that the visits were too short. Way too short. We could have talked for many more hours. I can't thank you both enough for having me as your guest.