PDA

View Full Version : A place to put corelDraw files you want to share.

Joe Hillmann
05-03-2013, 3:54 PM
There are many great corel files that get posted on the forum that slowly get moved into older and older pages and eventually the only way to find them are to know they were posted and search for them or go through the forum page by page and stumble across them.

I would like to start this thread as a place that will become a sticky that anyone who has a file they want to share can post it here.

When you post a file just include what material you cut it from and the thickness. Also since not everyone here has the most up to date version of corel it would be nice if you could save it in corel version 10, I think that would allow most people here to open the files.

Joe Hillmann
05-03-2013, 3:57 PM
Chessmen file

I am going to start of by reposting a chessmen file.

I cut it out of plywood. It is designed to be cut out of wood that is .110" thick if you are using 1/8 ply then rescale the image to 114% and it should snap together.

Joe Hillmann
05-03-2013, 4:08 PM
Cribbage Board Box

Here is the Cribbage board with the folding lid I posted last week. I make it out of .212" thick plywood. If you are making it out of 1/4" ply rescale it to 118%.

The easiest way to assemble it is to varnish it with sanding sealer, sand it, wipe off the dust, apply transfer tape over the plywood. Cut it on the laser, remove the transfer tape. Dry assemble the with no glue and the lid in place. Slide the part labeled "clamp for gluing" over the box to hold everything in place. Use a thin super glue and put a few drops of glue along each joint, the tight fitting joint will suck it right in. Be careful not to get glue on the hinge and put it upside down to dry.

Finish the inside by lining it with felt. It can be customized by engraving a name on the front. Include 6 colored pegs and a deck of cards when you sell it/ give it away.

Keith Outten
05-03-2013, 9:04 PM
Joe,

Make sure you use the Advanced Search which uses Google to search our Forums instead of the built-in search feature.

The best way to find and use all of the files here is to order the file attachment DVD's. Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement but there are so many drawings and pictures it is almost impossible to be able to find and use them any other way. The DVD's have file folders for each Forum which makes it easy to find, in your case, Corel Drawings. Note that large Corel Drawings are often uploaded as zip files.

We can stick this thread but not forever, if we did this for every situation there would be hundreds of sticky threads.

john passek
05-06-2013, 4:30 PM
Hi Joe, if you are a Facebook user there is a group called Epilog Laser Fans group, you don't have to have an epilog to join. oh their site at the top of the page you can click on Files and in there there are a number of cool things ready to raster or vector. Ther is also a place for you to upload your own files you wish to share, real easy to use. I don't want to take anything away from SC it is a fabulous site from which I have learned a lot. just giving another option for file sharing.

Kathy Madan
05-06-2013, 6:58 PM
Is there a link to the DVD? I wasn't able to locate it.
Thanks

Mike Null
05-07-2013, 6:01 AM
Kathy

I think what you're looking for is here. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?184377-SawMill-Creek-File-Attachment-Archives-Volume-3-For-Sale

Keith Outten
05-07-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm working on Volume 4 which will include all of the file attachments from 2012. I don't know how many files will be on the Volume 4 DVD yet, we shall see. When you add Volume 4 to the previous DVD's your reference material grows and it helps us purchase new hard drives so we can continue to archive files. Our existing drives need to be replaced now, they are about 75% full so I have two larger solid state drives on my desk ready to replace the existing drives in a couple weeks.

Kathy Madan
05-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Thank you
Kathy