PDA

View Full Version : I hate when this happens!

John Shuk
05-15-2005, 7:43 PM
:mad: I recently bought the Book NATURE FORM AND SPIRIT; THE LIFE AND LEGACY OF GEORGE NAKASHIMA . It was written by his daughter Mira Nakashima. I have no regrets on buying it. It is a wonderful book that I picked up at Border's for $75.00. Well I just was on www.Amazon.com and looking for other stuff about him and of course there was my book for $47.25. Oh well. Mr. Nakashima was truly an amazing woodworker and person in general. His art is truly inspiring. I would highly recommend this book to anyone. Just get it for a good price!
John

Jeff Sudmeier
05-15-2005, 7:49 PM
John, I hear ya! My wife and I recently went on a trip and I read through one of the books I got. So I went to a book store in florida. Same basic thing, about twice the price of amazon.

Effie Lever
05-15-2005, 7:55 PM
I also had the same experience once, but no more, now I look at amazon before I pull out my credit card

Jim Becker
05-15-2005, 8:47 PM
Yea, the book trade is like that.

I haven't read Mira's book yet, but it's on my list. I've met her twice, since the Nakashima "compound" is only a few miles away. She's a sharp lady and has done a marvelous job with the business since her father's passing in addition to the charitable work she enjoys. (The facility is open on Saturday's from 1-4p in case you are ever down this way on the weekend. It makes for a nice visit as both the regular showroom and the Coniod Gallery are open)

John Shuk
05-16-2005, 10:11 PM
I think I will take a trip down there. Make a weekend including Sesame Place with my boys and hopefully a stop at Saws n dust.

Gary Breckenridge
05-17-2005, 12:13 AM
:o I'm so cheap that I always check ebay and froogle.com first. Then I may make a phone call or two, but you got the book that you wanted with mimimal muss and fuss.;)

Jim Becker
05-17-2005, 8:11 AM
I think I will take a trip down there. Make a weekend including Sesame Place with my boys and hopefully a stop at Saws n dust.

Something for everyone!!