PDA

View Full Version : Go VOTE!

Scott Hackler
05-02-2013, 3:01 PM
I just went to the Baileigh box contest link posted as a stickie above and found that there has only been 34 people casting a vote (well me and 33 other people). What the heck? We have tons of folks on Sawmill Creek and I can't believe that only 34 people have taken the time to look at and vote on their favorite box. There are some fantastic entries.

Please go check it out and vote on your favorite. The winner gets $1600 towards a professional tool.

Robert Henrickson
05-02-2013, 3:29 PM
Is there a simple presentation of the final forms of the various boxes, or are we supposed to hunt them down?

Jim Underwood
05-02-2013, 4:36 PM
I thought that contest was already over?

Scott Hackler
05-02-2013, 4:43 PM
The entry acceptance deadline was May 1, but the voting goes on until May 8th. There is a 3 page thread detailing the contruction process and photos of the entries on the same link to vote (which is the top stickie in every SawmilCreek forum right now), but here is the link anyway....

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?202772-Vote-For-Your-Favorite-Baileigh-Box-Contest-Entry

Jim Rimmer
05-02-2013, 5:21 PM
I voted but it was a tough choice. Lots of nice boxes.

Jim Underwood
05-02-2013, 6:03 PM
I was under the impression that some gal had won the contest? Was that a different Baleigh contest?

Bill Wyko
05-02-2013, 8:13 PM
She won the contest at Lumber jocks. A deserving winner for sure.

Keith Outten
05-04-2013, 9:28 AM
After 3 days we have 98 votes in a Community of well over 72,000 Members.

Steve Schlumpf
05-04-2013, 9:37 AM
I voted!! Was amazed at the imagination that went into designing and creating all the boxes! Nice work everyone!

Jim Underwood
05-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I think it would be easier to tell which to vote for if we didn't have to hunt all over the thread to see what the choices were- and which box belongs to whom. That's tedious and kind of offputting. At least it is for me.

I'm thinking that has something to do with the lack of votes. Just saying....

That's not to say the boxes aren't wonderful and took skill though.

Keith Outten
05-04-2013, 1:26 PM
Jim,

I thought about that but the boxes are much more than a simple picture of the outside of each box. It would be difficult to select just one picture and of course two of them have videos. Selecting a picture of each box could be interpreted as me influencing the selection of the winner.

Jim Underwood
05-04-2013, 1:35 PM
Even tho I read the whole thread a couple of times ever the past few days I still couldn't keep them straight when it came to a vote. I'm not the only one who felt this way either.
I finally resorted to downloading representative photo of each and picking the one I liked.

Scott Hackler
05-04-2013, 1:47 PM
I kind of agree with Jim and Keith. While I see the need for seeing the process of building each of the boxes, I think that Jim has a valid point that it sure would be nice to see a single photo of each at the start of the thread just to see the final product. Hopefully more folks will take the time to read (or scan) through the photos and cast a vote. There sure are some great entries.

Robert Henrickson
05-04-2013, 4:51 PM
Even tho I read the whole thread a couple of times ever the past few days I still couldn't keep them straight when it came to a vote. I'm not the only one who felt this way either.
I finally resorted to downloading representative photo of each and picking the one I liked.

I agree with the problem of figuring out which was which -- it was just too much aggravation. The first time I looked at the thread, I thought I was in the wrong place since it began with "how I'm doing what I'm doing". It can be interesting to see how people do things, but I'd like to be able to see clearly what my choices are.

Robert Henrickson
05-04-2013, 4:56 PM
Jim,

I thought about that but the boxes are much more than a simple picture of the outside of each box. It would be difficult to select just one picture and of course two of them have videos. Selecting a picture of each box could be interpreted as me influencing the selection of the winner.

Posting several photos of each in a mini-gallery, those posted by the makers, would seem fairly neutral. Videos vs photos might be uneven, but if that is what the rules allowed (or didn't forbid?), then I guess that is how it is. I gave up.

Bill Wyko
05-04-2013, 5:44 PM
In another forum they put a link to each project. Each project was a thread of its own. Just an idea for future contests. We all live & learn. Since my video camera didn't come in in time, I posted a lot of pictures as they asked for in the rules. Had I known I would have used a different method of posting. All in all though, I felt it went very smooth. On another forum there was a guy that used a project he had been on for much longer that the allotted time. He claimed the rules weren't specific about the start & finish time. Personally I felt he cast a shadow on the event & should have shown more respect for Baileigh & the other competitors. He knew what the rules intended. Everyone in this contest IMHO were wonderful, a real pleasure to be in it with them. A big thanks to everyone that put the contest on and to my fellow competitors. IMHO it's still anyone's contest to win, there are thousands of members here that could vote.