PDA

View Full Version : The replacement 22124 is a dream!

scott spencer
05-15-2005, 5:45 PM
Since I whined last week about all the things wrong with my 22124, I thought I'd give an update. The original saw had alot of arbor runout, a bad vibration, and a myriad of minor cosmetic stuff that just pounded salt in the wound. The replacement saw is better in nearly all aspects. Most importantly the arbor runout and vibration are not excessive with this one. I haven't measured it yet, but runout is as close to visually undetectable as I could ask for....better than my GI's. Even the paint job on the fence is improved over the defective unit. The laminate extension table is not perfect, but it's slightly better than the first one. Nothing worth complaining about. Overall I'm pretty pleased so far, and I can now assembled one of these things in less than 2-1/2 hours! :D.

There is a minor problem that I may fix myself. The motor tensioning spring is not attached. It fell out of the saw when I took the shrink wrap off. It doesn't seem to have a major impact on performance, but I know it's better to have the correct tension.

Also a couple of parts got mixed up in the shuffle of the saws...namely the splitter rod and associated hardware went back to Sears with the defective saw. I'm confident a phone call will remedy that.

Tom Pritchard
05-15-2005, 5:55 PM
Scott, so glad to hear your new saw is so much better!! I know how disappointing it was to get a lemon, but the replacement looks great! Now it's time to get back to making stuff!! :D

Effie Lever
05-15-2005, 7:38 PM
Great new Scott, I also received a replacement one and its working great, I'll have a full review with pics in a day or two

Todd Davidson
05-15-2005, 8:32 PM
Am glad to hear as well that the new saw is up to par! Enjoy!!

Tony Falotico
05-15-2005, 8:56 PM
Glad to hear all is well Scott.......

Corey Hallagan
05-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Scott, glad the new saw is to your liking and all is well! Congrats!

Corey