PDA

View Full Version : Where to find rusty gold in Oklahoma?

Rich Kelly
05-01-2013, 7:42 PM
Going to southern Oklahoma Saturday. Going to be there a couple of days with my son. Then we are going to Oklahoma City for a day then back to southern Oklahoma. Anyone have any knowledge of where I could look in the area? Mostly looking for chisels and other misc. as I need to get a few of my planes cleaned up before getting more.

Chuck Nickerson
05-02-2013, 1:25 PM
...I need to get a few of my planes cleaned up before getting more.

Hush your mouth. Such words are never to be uttered here again!

Are you my wife in disguise?

Rich Kelly
05-06-2013, 9:43 PM
so far have seen 1 draw knife unfortunately they wanted $30. Have a couple already and paid a lot less, so it stayed there

Rick Whitehead
05-06-2013, 9:56 PM
Rich,
I sent you a PM last week with some places to look. Did that help?
Rick

Rich Kelly
05-08-2013, 5:20 AM
yes went to a antique mall today and got a ok Diston for my son to use for $5.00.

Jim Koepke
05-08-2013, 11:52 AM
... I need to get a few of my planes cleaned up before getting more.

That is a good excuse for getting more, you never know which are going to need a donor plane for spare parts.

The second hand stores, Restore, and Goodwill/Thrift stores sometimes have tools. Pretty hit or miss but when we have time in town we will often make the rounds. I also look down the book aisles. I tend to look up books and get a good idea of what the spines look like and their size so they will jump out at me when walking the book aisles.

jtk

Rich Kelly
06-20-2013, 1:20 AM
Sorry it has taken so long for update. Found 4 more saws to buy. Have some lousy pictures bot don't know how or if it is worth the trouble. Will be going again, now can get them home. One is bent on the end but thought I could cut down for a tool box saw. One has a pretty good etch. Have more info somewhere. Best part was spent $8.00 for all 4.
hope to find chisel's this trip.

Jim Koepke
06-20-2013, 2:12 AM
Sorry it has taken so long for update. Found 4 more saws to buy. Have some lousy pictures bot don't know how or if it is worth the trouble. Will be going again, now can get them home. One is bent on the end but thought I could cut down for a tool box saw. One has a pretty good etch. Have more info somewhere. Best part was spent $8.00 for all 4.
hope to find chisel's this trip.

Rich,

It is never too long... And everyone likes pictures.

Here is information on how to post images:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?167711-posting-photos-as-of-June-2011

I do not think it has change too much since then.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

In What part of Oregon are you located?

I have come across a lot of good finds in parts of Oregon. Most of my finds were on the coast, US 101, but there are a few places along I-5. It has been a few years.

jtk

Rich Kelly
06-21-2013, 7:36 AM
Thanks will try out when I get to OK. Had to leave them, couldn't trust ham handed baggage handlers for trip home. Olive in a small town called Molalla in the Willamette valley.

Jim Koepke
06-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks will try out when I get to OK. Had to leave them, couldn't trust ham handed baggage handlers for trip home. Olive in a small town called Molalla in the Willamette valley.

Do you ever get in toward Woodburn or Aurora? Both of those have revealed pay dirt just about every time I have passed through. Always left with a lighter wallet.

Also remember cash speaks louder than a credit card when bargain hunting/making.

jtk