PDA

View Full Version : Dog collar plates

Josh Jackson
05-01-2013, 4:37 PM
Hello everyone. I know this may not be a unique issue but I have yet to find what I am looking for so time to ask the pros. I have a customer that wants brass name plates to be engraved and put on their dog's leather collars. As she phrased it she wants 'a classy look'. I have a 35w Epilog laser so I need a dual coated plate to do this. However I cannot find any dual tone rivet on plates to do this. All I have found is the bare plates that require a fiber or YAG system to cut into the metal. Does anyone have a resource I can buy from or advice? Thank you as usual.

Lucy Lee
05-01-2013, 9:43 PM
Hi Josh Jackson,
Yes for brass plates ,YAG or Fiber will work well ,but if for both metal or nonmetal in future ,YAG will work on both ,

Best Regards

Hello everyone. I know this may not be a unique issue but I have yet to find what I am looking for so time to ask the pros. I have a customer that wants brass name plates to be engraved and put on their dog's leather collars. As she phrased it she wants 'a classy look'. I have a 35w Epilog laser so I need a dual coated plate to do this. However I cannot find any dual tone rivet on plates to do this. All I have found is the bare plates that require a fiber or YAG system to cut into the metal. Does anyone have a resource I can buy from or advice? Thank you as usual.

Albert Nix
05-02-2013, 9:54 AM
If it is hunting dog and the collars get rough treatment they need to be stamped. Fiber may be fine but stay away from coated metals as they were off. If they are just pets and not running through the woods most any thing will hold up ok.

Mike Null
05-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Diamond drag will work as well.