PDA

View Full Version : A small gloat is still a gloat

Glen Blanchard
05-15-2005, 4:27 PM
Went to Home Depot this morning and, in typical fashion, walked by the clamp display in hopes of finding some kind of clearance pricing. As usual, there was no special deals to be had. Was about to turn and walk away, when I noticed a Bessey web clamp. I have recetnly been looking at these as well as the ratcheting web clamps that are currently on sale at Rockler, and figured I would make a purchase some time soon - just did not know which one to buy. Anyway, I have never seen these clamps at Home Depot before, and they only had the one package. I picked up some screws (the purpose of my shoppiing spree) along with the web clamp and headed toward check-out. When the gal scanned the clamp, the computer did not recognize the bar code. She had the guy working in the tool dept. come over to have a gander. He did not recognize it, so he called someone else. After the conversation, he told me that this particular Home Depot has never carried that clamp (I already was fairly certain of this) and he said that it was probably purchased at another Home Depot, but returned to this one. So they apparetnly had no idea of pricing and he offered to sell to me for $5 - I was going to offer $15. They sell on Amazon for $34, so I came out pretty good.

Now, if I only could find a similar deal on some power tools. Maybe my next trip. :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
05-15-2005, 5:12 PM
Sometimes your step in it and sometimes the next fellow steps in it...it was your turn! Nice find, err...steal!