PDA

View Full Version : Anchoring a banquette to a porcelain floor and plaster wall

John Pennisi
04-30-2013, 9:10 PM
​Any advice on what hardware/adhesives or what techniques would be effective in anchoring a commercial banquette onto a plaster wall and porcelain floor. I realize these are both very difficult surface materials to anchor into, so any information beyond that fact would be much appreciated... Thanks

Sam Murdoch
04-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Full surface contact on the floor and wall or just a few contact points such as feet and a top rail of the seat? Answers depend on such info. Could be lags in shields or even just a good application of construction adhesive.

John Pennisi
04-30-2013, 11:10 PM
A few contact points at top rail of back and lower rails underneath seat which make contact with floor.

Joseph Tarantino
05-01-2013, 10:23 AM
a pic of the item would be quite helpful for a useful answer.

Jeff Duncan
05-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Maybe I'm not understanding your question but if your asking how to fasten a cabinet to the wall.....screw it into the studs! Plaster walls are pretty much the easiest thing to anchor to short of having a plywood sheathed wall. Adhesives are not suitable for fastening cabinets on their own.

good luck,
JeffD

Sam Murdoch
05-01-2013, 10:07 PM
You should be able to anchor to the floor without anything to the wall. If you have access to the rails at the floor you could just add some metal angles to the rails and secure them to the floor with lags into lead shields. Yes, photos would be immensely helpful. I'm only imagining what you are working - I'm likely envisioning something other than what you have.