PDA

View Full Version : felder 600 bandsaw

ryan meacham
04-30-2013, 7:22 PM
I bought a felder 600 bandsaw last year right before they brought out their new model. The problem that I'm running into is that I cant tilt my table to 45. I don't need it that often but when I do it's not available. The newer model allows you to do that. Does anyone now of a simple mod I can do to crank my table to 45? Thanks

mreza Salav
04-30-2013, 7:55 PM
What is the limit you can tilt it to? can you post a photo of under the table and trunnion?

ryan meacham
04-30-2013, 8:11 PM
give me some time and I will

Craig Behnke
05-01-2013, 8:22 AM
Does anyone now of a simple mod I can do to crank my table to 45? Thanks

try asking that question on the Felder user group on Yahoo. It's frequented by heavy users of the brand.

think of a resaw jig, it has a 90 degree fence. why cant you build a jig that has a 22.5 degree tilted fence? Tilt the bandsaw table to 22.5 degrees then put on the jig fence that is "tilted" at 22.5 degrees and you get an effective 45 degree tilt.

why wouldn't that work?

I know it limits the type of cuts you can make, but you can make quite a few types of cuts with that setup.

ryan meacham
05-01-2013, 9:34 AM
Thanks for all the info. I will post the question on the felder site. As for the picture, I need to do further research on how to post it. The 22.5 angled fence makes sense to me. The machine has a max tilt of 22.5

mreza Salav
05-01-2013, 2:16 PM
I don't have a photo right now to show (might be able to do it later tonight) but once I had to do a bevel cut more than 45 degree on my bandsaw and I made an auxiliary table (basically a large wedge made out of two mdf boards) and clamped it to the table. Worked fine. Maybe something like this can be done in your case, or see if you can replace the trunnions with the newer model that allows you to tilt to 45 degree.

Gus Dundon
05-01-2013, 4:31 PM
I thought that FB 600 Band saw tilts up to 20 degrees only.

johnny means
05-01-2013, 8:49 PM
I can't speak to your particular saw, but i know due to euro safety standards many bandsaws are equipped with limiting stops on their tilt mechanisms. Some saws simply require the removal of some stop to add tilting capacity.