PDA

View Full Version : Engraving & Vector Line Overlap Problems

Cailline Lea
04-29-2013, 5:07 AM
Firstly, I would like to say Hello :0) to everyone here. It is my first time posting and the level of expertise and skill sharing is immense and its great to be a part of that.

I was hoping that I could tap in to that knowledge for a little help for a problem that keeps occurring.

I have a British made 80watt laser that has the Chinese software Lasercut5.3.

The problem: If I engrave a shape and then want to put a vector line around the perimeter of the shape to give added definition the vector line is out by 1mm to the left so it is going through the engraved shape.

I have checked the laser alignment, checked that the mirrors in the laser head are secure and are not wobbling about but cannot seem to get is to skim the edges neatly.

Thanks in advance for any help :0)

Rodne Gold
04-29-2013, 5:15 AM
Hiya and welcome
It's probably a mechanical issue related to backlash and tube firing timing etc. Can't give you a specific cure re your settings but shifting the vector line in your graphic 1mm to the right should cure it , it's a kludge workaround...
Just make sure the vector shift is ALWAYS 1mm to the left on any size/orientation graphic if you want to use the workaround.

Cailline Lea
04-29-2013, 7:36 AM
Thank you Rodne - I will give it a go.

It just gets problematic when I have a shape that has different shapes within it that the client wishes to have engraved. I have tried to bitmap the engraved area and layer the vector line over the top but this still has the same outcome. I will get in contact with the manufacture and see what they information they can provide me with if it is the settings.

Dan Hintz
04-29-2013, 8:34 AM
Is the amount of shift reduced if you slow the engraving step? If so, it's a timing issue. If the shift stays the same, we move on to the next step...

Balsanu Gabi
04-30-2013, 3:45 AM
Check if:
- laser bed is level;
- head is 90 degree dead on the bed.

HTH
Gabi