PDA

View Full Version : where to mount tee track on router table fence

tom coleman
04-29-2013, 1:47 AM
I am building a simple L-shaped fence loosely based on some Woodsmith suggestions in their 200 Tips book. I am still debating the height of the fence but am leaning towards 4 inch height. I am thinking of routing slot for Tee-track about 3 inches above the table...........or should I mount this track lower to accomodate small sleds or jigs that I want to track parallel to fence?

The Woodsmith design that most appeals to be is for a simple straight fence with 1" bit opening cut from 3/4 ply, then screw a sacificial MDF fence with tee track to the face of fence. Make the base of fence from 3/4 ply and cut it extra wide........7 or 8 inches. First reason...........build 2 small boxes that screw to the fence and help keep it vertical-----one box for bits and another for tools. Second reson flip the fence over when you want a tall fence

I have a split fence for the rare occassions that I will use large bits or attempt jointing

BobW Robinson
04-29-2013, 6:24 AM
Tom, my Woodpecker fence has the track centred on 1.75 inches from the base. No doubt other brands and home made fences will differ.

Joe Scharle
04-29-2013, 8:03 AM
A suggestion: Make your 1 piece into combination of short fence and tall fence. Then you can flip it from lo to hi. I picked 2" for the centerline of the T-track. I'll try a pic here.

tom coleman
04-29-2013, 6:22 PM
thanks for tips. Joe that pic is perfect just what I was thinking about. I see your stops use spring hinges, I also saw that tip in the Woodsmith tips book