PDA

View Full Version : Finally built lumber storage!

Tom Pritchard
05-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Today I finally got around to deciding on a location and building a proper lumber storage rack. My son Phillip and I worked all day on cutting and assembling the rack, and I can now store all the lumber I had in it with nothing left on the floor. The entry door for the shop is in a straight line with the rack so that even long pieces can be brought in with ease. I have been pondering where to store lumber for almost 2 years, until this past week when the idea just sort of hit me. It consists of 5 shelves with 15" between them, and they are 21" wide. Now I have to go out and buy more lumber! :D Here's the pics!

BTW, the good lookin' young gentleman in the last picture is my youngest son Phillip. He was a HUGE help to me today, and never left my side the whole day. Cool! :)

Bill Simmeth
05-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Tom... nice job on the lumber racks and a special congrats for including your son! He certainly looks pleased with the results! Way to go!!

Bill

Ken Fitzgerald
05-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Nice GLOAT on both the rack and especially the son!

Jeff Sudmeier
05-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Nice job on the lumber rack!

I need to figure out what to do for lumber storage as well.

Richard Wolf
05-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Looks like your son did a good job!!

Richard

Effie Lever
05-15-2005, 12:57 AM
I also finally got my lumber in order, but now I need more so the shelves won't look so empty.http://sawmillcreek.org/images/smilies/wink.gif

Corey Hallagan
05-15-2005, 2:50 AM
Nice job Tom and a good looking kid that enjoys working with pops!! Keep up the good work!

Corey

Frank Pellow
05-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Well done Phillip! And it was nice of you to make your dad feal useful by including him in the project. :D

What is the length of the rack?

scott spencer
05-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Tom - The rack looks great! Different than what I had envisionsed, but great nonetheless. No moss has been gathering under your feet!

Nice pics too....the rack looks good, Phillip looks good, and so does your better half in pic #2! :D

Kelly C. Hanna
05-15-2005, 12:31 PM
That's a double gloat isn't it??? :D Great wood rack btw!

Ron McNeil
05-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Tom, very nice job on the lumber rack. I need to do something like that one day. Now most of my lumber just lays on the floor or stacked against the wall.

Tom Pritchard
05-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Well done Phillip! And it was nice of you to make your dad feal useful by including him in the project. :D

What is the length of the rack?

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words! Phillip read the comments with a grin ear-to-ear! Finally can move on to some real WW'ing stuff!

Frank, Phillip made the rack 10' long. ;) That's the longest that I can get lumber down into my shop.