PDA

View Full Version : Training My Tools

Noah Barfield
04-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Can someone tell me how to train my tools to make a segmented bowl by themselves? I think I bought some lazy tools--they just sit there unless I make them work. Talk about having to lead a horse to water...
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83255881/

Noah

Alan Zenreich
04-27-2013, 11:55 PM
First you get a cello to autoplay in your shop....

'Jacques Malan'
04-28-2013, 2:06 AM
I dont know how to do that, I've tried everything, so these days I put out milk and cookies for the workshop fairies. I've got high hopes for that project.

bob svoboda
04-28-2013, 11:49 AM
I've tried cajoling, coercing, convincing, pleading and outright threats to no avail. My tools must be related to yours.

ray hampton
04-28-2013, 1:53 PM
your tools are retire, buy younger tools

Jay Jolliffe
04-28-2013, 4:39 PM
The tools I have went gang busters for about a month but now their dead. Do they take batteries or something to get them to work...I shake them, talk to them & they just ignore me. What am I to do. I know sell them if there not doing their job.:D

Jamie Donaldson
04-29-2013, 10:28 AM
This is what happens when you buy cheap Chinese tools off of eBay! I believe the expensive new carbide tools come with a satisfaction warrantee?

Noah Barfield
04-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Nope--my tools are all limeys--lazy limeys though! I've offered them various oils at different weights; I've gone from sharpening them with aluminum oxide wheels to massaging them with CBN wheels and hones. And do they appreciate all of this TLC?--No! The ingrates!

This is what happens when you buy cheap Chinese tools off of eBay! I believe the expensive new carbide tools come with a satisfaction warrantee?