PDA

View Full Version : How to export Corel to an editable word doc

Martin Boekers
04-26-2013, 3:17 PM
Title says it all I have a Corel file text with 2 graphics and I need to export into a Word Doc
so that text can be change by client as needed. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ross Moshinsky
04-26-2013, 3:25 PM
I don't think it's possible and I'm not why it should be.

If you want to use MS Word, use it. You can send files to your laser from Word. Another option would be to make an Adobe PDF where the text is filled out in a form. That way you can edit the text. I'm not sure if that's a better solution.

Sandy Henry
04-26-2013, 3:42 PM
Select text in Corel, copy - go to WORD, click on edit, click on paste special, click on unformatted text and then paste. I think this will work. You may need to copy & paste the graphic seperately. Good luck.

Martin Boekers
04-26-2013, 3:51 PM
I don't think it's possible and I'm not why it should be.

Well, I get files in all formats from my clients and including MS Word and I can import them, open them or somehow
get them into Corel. I have a handful of files that I have already created in Corel that the client wants to use and modify for
future projects. Sooooo.. instead of me recreating all these files to get them in a format he can use it seems there should
be away to do it. ( These are text and graphics, I believe Word can handle those.) I am sure that if I had Corel's Word Perfect
it would be able to be done. There are 5 of us in my shop and the last thing I want is different file formats used to send to the
laser, cutters, sublimation etc. I have enough issues sometimes with using one program. So that's why I feel it should be possible.

Mike Null
04-26-2013, 3:59 PM
Will a Windows metafile work?

Martin Boekers
04-26-2013, 4:12 PM
Will a Windows metafile work?

I tried that just a bunch of jibberish. :)

Mike Troncalli
04-26-2013, 5:05 PM
I may be way off base here, but... Find out what files Corel will export too and what files Word will import. I am thinking PDF might work. I have to say though.. When I get files from customers with Text I usually just import the logo only and re-type the text, it seems to me that is gives a cleaner engraving...

Martin Boekers
04-26-2013, 5:13 PM
I may be way off base here, but... Find out what files Corel will export too and what files Word will import. I am thinking PDF might work. I have to say though.. When I get files from customers with Text I usually just import the logo only and re-type the text, it seems to me that is gives a cleaner engraving...

I have tried everything I know as far as "export to" and "create a PDF" in X5. The PDFs are formated in Corel so the can be brought back in and edited.

I have Corel Fusion which has an Editor in it, but I haven't been able to get it to open correctly, in Word or PP. Maybe Publisher as I know my client has
that also. These mainly will be for printed pieces, so my client can save himself some $$ if I don't have to recreate pieces and I can just print them.

I'm sure )almost :) ) there is a way to do this, hopefully...

Martin Boekers
04-26-2013, 5:53 PM
OK, I got it to work.... Adobe wants $89 a year to be able to do this....... I have Corel Fusion which allows me to export a PDF I created in Corel to
Microsoft Word [Retain Text Editablility]. So it opened fine in Word and is editable! Success! This program I bought a while back for $29 on sale.
Hadn't used it much. Now my next task is to get it to remove the watermark (Corel) Some how I missed registering it so I am dealing with Corel
to get rid of the watermark. :(

Learned something new today.