PDA

View Full Version : Delta DP350 drill press belt specs?

Alan Muller
04-26-2013, 10:36 AM
There's been a good bit of discussion of these and their problems, so I hope I didn't miss a previous answer to my question.

I got mine as junk, basically, and the belt that came with is not the original and seems too short. The Delta belt (904164) doesn't seem to be available and cost close to $50 he when it was.

Can anyone provide me with the dimensions of this belt and/or a cross reference to one that works? I'm not clear whether it's an extra-wide belt typical of this sort of drive but with the slotted pulleys it may not need to be.

Also, I just noticed that the front (spindle) upper pulley seems to be crumbling from some sort of intergranular corrosion. The other three seem OK (in this regard). I've seen this before on pot metal parts of very old equipment, but never on something as new as this tool. Have others encountered this?

Thanks.

Myk Rian
04-26-2013, 11:53 AM
I had one of those. Had troubles with the VS motor pulley. Split pin kept coming out. I finally used a wire tye to keep it in place, and sold the drill.
Sorry, don't remember the specs on the belt, but add a few inches to the size you have.
The DP350 is not one of Delta's shining stars.