PDA

View Full Version : Segmented Walnut and Maple

Dave Richards
04-26-2013, 8:56 AM
I found this a few minutes ago. Maybe it was posted before, though?
http://www.wimp.com/maplebowl/

Bob Bergstrom
04-26-2013, 9:26 AM
Someone took a lot of still pictures to slice that video together. It has to be in the thousands. Reminds me of how animations used to be done.

Jerry Marcantel
04-26-2013, 9:55 AM
Someone took a lot of still pictures to slice that video together. It has to be in the thousands. Reminds me of how animations used to be done.

I don't think so. Bob. At the bottom of any video I make, there are millions of stills, or frames of the video. I haven't figured out how to utilize that function yet. Apparently, the guy who made this video figured it out......... I haven't watched it yet because my computer likes to doze off about every 30 seconds while playing the video....... Jerry (in Tucson)

Jerry Marcantel
04-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Ok, I've been able to watch about half of this video, and I think the videographer had the person cutting and clamping the wood move out of the picture every few seconds to get the effect they got. The walking "C" clamps are fantastic..... This guy should get an award for creativity........ Jerry (in Tucson)

Mike Golka
04-26-2013, 11:22 AM
This guy should get an award for creativity....
Definitely worthy of an Oscar!!

Doug W Swanson
04-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Wow. The bowl is beautiful but that takes second to the wonderful videography/photography....

Dave Richards
04-26-2013, 12:05 PM
I think the woodworker and videographer are one and the same. He did a cool video about the construction of his shop. I saw that recently and recognized the shop at the beginning of this video.

Jon Nuckles
04-26-2013, 7:43 PM
Wow! He has the patience to make a segmented bowl AND the patience to make a stop motion animation of the process?! Kudos to him!

John Conklin
04-26-2013, 8:12 PM
His name is Frank Howarth and you can find more of his videos on Youtube. He's very creative and has a nice shop filled with some cool tools.